What did you cook from scratch today?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
We had grass-fed beef cooked in the crockpot with garlic and garden scallions (thanks for the idea, BBH! :frow ) and the plum bread has 10 minutes to go and smells marvelous! :drool

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
having tried quite a few "pierogi's" recipes, I have to tell you, that the easiest one, is the best one.

Just take about 1/2KG of flour mix in a teaspoon of salt, than make your flour/salt mix into a hill, then make a crater in the middle, and pour in some VERY hot water. and start working it. The water should be as hot as your hands can bare. Then ad more water, till the dough is silky smooth. Next part is just rolling/streching whatever that process is called, and then either using a round glass to cut out round pieces of rolled dough, to make typical pierogies, or cutting the rolled dough with a knife.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Deer fajitas and jerky!

For the fajitas I just cooked tenderloin sliced thin about medium doneness with salt, pepper, cilantro, and salsa. Cooked up some rice with a half cup of salsa in it, tossed sliced onions and 3 colors of peppers in the pan where I cooked the venison and steamed them until they were tender and voila! Put some grated cheddar cheese on it with more salsa and cilantro and shove it all in a tortilla. YUMMY.

Jerky is on the agenda for all day today....drying it out in the oven. :drool

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Deer fajitas and jerky!

For the fajitas I just cooked tenderloin sliced thin about medium doneness with salt, pepper, cilantro, and salsa. Cooked up some rice with a half cup of salsa in it, tossed sliced onions and 3 colors of peppers in the pan where I cooked the venison and steamed them until they were tender and voila! Put some grated cheddar cheese on it with more salsa and cilantro and shove it all in a tortilla. YUMMY.

Jerky is on the agenda for all day today....drying it out in the oven. :drool
That sounds delicious!!

I can't wait until we get a deer!!! I'm going to insist DH sits outside before dawn until one wanders through our yard. :D

Tonight will be home made pesto and pasta with my own sundried tomatoes. Salad and garlic bread on the side.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Holachicka said:
I can't wait until we get a deer!!! I'm going to insist DH sits outside before dawn until one wanders through our yard. :D

Tonight will be home made pesto and pasta with my own sundried tomatoes. Salad and garlic bread on the side.
Oohhhhhh, that sounds wonderful!!

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Working on a big kettle(40 gal kettle making about 25 gal) of BURGOO!!! Outside with a real wood fire and FRESH(I butchered lastnight) chickens... (yes dh made some a few weeks ago and let it burn and it was awful not to mention all the work and my precious canning that went to the chickens.... they ate pretty well and loved it.

New deal I told him ok cook the meat all night and we will add the other stuff this morning and it will b done by supper, no falling asleep and letting it burn...

I can't wait till tonight mmmm....

Then going to can a bunch of it as well for quick meals. (yes I only water bath don't yell at me) :ep

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dipence71 said:
Working on a big kettle(40 gal kettle making about 25 gal) of BURGOO!!! Outside with a real wood fire and FRESH(I butchered lastnight) chickens... (yes dh made some a few weeks ago and let it burn and it was awful not to mention all the work and my precious canning that went to the chickens.... they ate pretty well and loved it.

New deal I told him ok cook the meat all night and we will add the other stuff this morning and it will b done by supper, no falling asleep and letting it burn...

Then going to can a bunch of it as well for quick meals. (yes I only water bath don't yell at me) :ep
What is BURGOO?

Annette

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Last night hubby grilled some steaks I got on clearance at Safeway and I made veggies in cream sauce along with some sweet potatoes right out of the garden. It was delicious.

Today we are having pot roast with butter fried cabbage.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Full Thanksgiving dinner. The only thing I had to buy for it was celery. Everything else I grew or made myself.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Rhettsgreygal said:
dipence71 said:

What is BURGOO?

Annette
see my thread called BURGOO... I listed all ingredients and info there. to lazy to retype, as on my phone because stupid internet isnt working right now lol...:(