What did you cook from scratch today?

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I made lasagne from only things we have produced here. Our own tomatoes, herbs , cheese, wheat ( ground into flour from what we grew) and eggplant as well as spices. This was the first mean I can say we grew and produced completely. I am terribly excited about it! I also served a salad from our garden, but did not make the dressing totally on our own. I made a honey mustard that required EVOO and ACV that I have not yet tried my hand at.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have checked this thread before breakfast! :drool

I am going to try and see if I can make pepper jelly today. I have so many super hot peppers to use up. I haven't made jelly in decades, but I think I have some sure jell. Wish me luck!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I have a peach crumble cooling on the stove right now. I made the topping with a little maple syrup instead of sugar and used stevia as well. Used about a tablespoon or so of maple syrup.

Just gotta walk the dog that had surgery and do his last physical therapy, then I plan to be a peach pig!
I ate the entire thing last night before bed, after checking on my sick doelings. Thank goodness I made it fairly low-carb or I'd be letting out my waistband today..... :p Boy, was it good. Gotta get more peaches... It is a short peach season here, so gotta pig out while they are available! Then I will have to be super good to take the pounds off again!:D

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Grilled fish that my son caught, fried potatoes and onions, corn on the cob, and stuffed zucchini. With the free fish and all the veggies from the garden, it was a cheap meal.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Yum everyone!

Scotch eggs? Way cool!

Breakfast of champions: Farmer's market watermelon and hardboiled eggs from the hen house. Black coffee to wash it down.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have made the scotch eggs before. Using quail eggs is the way to go. They make perfect bite sized nummies.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I made cat food. The baby eats it no issue. She'll eat ANYTHING. Amira turned up her nose.

*sobs*

It's chicken, liver, bit of squash, bit of greens. I made a TINY batch so I wouldn't waste if they both hated it.

Amira likes canned food if there are no chunks, tuna juice, but not tuna, and occasionally sushi.

she likes butter and yogurt, but not any other people food.

So not sure what to make for her.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
freemotion said:
I have a peach crumble cooling on the stove right now. I made the topping with a little maple syrup instead of sugar and used stevia as well. Used about a tablespoon or so of maple syrup.

Just gotta walk the dog that had surgery and do his last physical therapy, then I plan to be a peach pig!
I ate the entire thing last night before bed, after checking on my sick doelings. Thank goodness I made it fairly low-carb or I'd be letting out my waistband today..... :p Boy, was it good. Gotta get more peaches... It is a short peach season here, so gotta pig out while they are available! Then I will have to be super good to take the pounds off again!:D
Wait, I thought Peach was a goat? :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
freemotion said:
freemotion said:

Wait, I thought Peach was a goat? :lol:
Yeah, well, she wasn't earning her keep so into the freezer she went! Just kidding! I smooch Peach up and gobble peaches down....and made some liqueur from plums that is starting to smell verrrrrry interesting, and it still has five months to go!

I had some more ice cream made from our goat's milk, homemade mint extract, our own egg yolks (cooked up the 15 whites for the piggies) and a few tablespoons of things not produced here. Oh, yum. This one is sugar free, made with stevia, so I can eat it with wild abandon and lose weight.