What Did You Dehydrate Today?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Do you pierce the blueberries? I think I might almost remember that someone, somewhere suggested that. I dunno....might've been a dream or something, lol.
We didn't, understanding it would take longer. Another option is to blanch to crack the skin, which we didn't do either

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm going to slice crookneck this morning and let them to dry while I'm at work! Looks like more zucs will happen after those. Next week, more blueberries to pick...will dry those. Made jam and maybe 10# frozen.

Gotta call on figs. Those should be happening. Elderberry next month. This rain has been great to help them fill out!! I was worried about that.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When I dehydrated blueberries, I guess I over did it and they turned out very dry and went to dust as I tried to move them to a jar for storage. Not wasting blue berries by dehydrating them ever again. Now I can pie filling, jam or freeze.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@wyoDreamer that's a concern for me. But I'll try one tray first. I leave figs in a "gummy bear" stage. Prob will with these. Drive some elderberry last yr and they held well but, way tiny to start.