Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I thoughts the Blue were only bush variety. Who knew? :\

Kentucky Wonder were planted with the corn, back in the day. Then melons below......3 sisters. Lot of ground use.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:lol: I'll keep you all posted! Our addresses are delightful. Mine is currently a street name and a village name and a county name. No number or codes, nothing. Previous address was an area and the nearest town's name! Everyone in the area had the same address. Heavens, I admire the postmen finding everyone and managing to get their mail to the correct house 99.9% of the time.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Didn't do much in my garden today but did a few things in my son's little BTE. We turned his small front yard in town into a BTE and this will be his second year with the chips on. He's already needing more chips to cover some thin areas.

Planted some onions there and also planted some sunflowers, with the intention of having a little sunflower "house" for the girls to go in. We'll put some pavers down in there if they grow well, so they can sit down in there without getting in the chips. Those things are not comfy seating.

Also ground sharp edges off the 1x1 woven wire fencing we used over the arbor so no little soft arms and legs would get a scratch from it.

Soon there will be green beans and cukes growing all over that arbor, so they can stand right under it and pick them.

Need to paint the gate a sweet color to add some visual interest to it all and add a spring to the gate, but for now it's as done as I can get it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Will do! Right now we are just waiting for the rain to bring the seeds up and then we'll start to see things fill in there and get lush. They have better soil structure under their garden than I do....really sandy under there, too sandy really, so this BTE should help with that tremendously, but at least it's not hard pan clay, so it does melons really well! They were overrun with melons last season from just five plants...they harvested 15 really large moon and stars pumpkins from this tiny patch!

Please ignore the weed growth around it....my son is a pretty poor lawn keeper. :oops:

100_4937.jpg

100_4934.jpg

100_4932.jpg
100_4938.jpg

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a little beauty. My grandgirls love being country girls whenever their parents let them that is! Everyone loves going to Grandma's house to pet chickens, collect eggs, eat honeysuckle, and run wild.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
48 degree and raining all day. I ordered more perennial flower seeds and seed starting trays. I had been planning to direct-sow, but now I'm thinking I'd better grow up seedlings where I can monitor them more closely and transplant later.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So many people are still having frost and snow! That might be a good idea. Here we are already using the a.c. in the evening.