Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hate changing them also-- BUT I was GOING to re-till one way or another. Your DH has a fantastic idea -- if only I could afford that one! LOL I could pay someone to do the switch for less.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
35 Y.O. Troybilt is acting up. Apparently, she'll only turn over for hubby now. I lack the "sweet touch". The pull cord rewind mechanism is worn. so... sometimes it will pull out, but not retract. Other times it will bind up and only pull out about 15 inches. Then... it will pull out, but there's not the right amount of resistance. I think that whole mechanism could be replaced... and I'd get an other 35 years out of it! So... I did a lot of hand digging in the new area. My Broad Fork is also in need of repair. One of the tines (? 3/8" thick!) is bent about 40* out of kilter. So... I need to take it back to the guy who made it "for a tune up". Hubby could most likely bend it back, but thinks it will be a better repair if the guy who made it puts some heat to it. Sod has roots that are 12" long. Lots of rocks, soil has a lot of clay. area is 8' x 48'. So... I've been getting a work out. Today, I got the area staked out and fertilized for 6 beds (4 or 5 will be planted to potatoes.) I'd have liked to get potatoes in ground 2 weeks ago. But, life and weather has been happening.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
35 Y.O. Troybilt is acting up. Apparently, she'll only turn over for hubby now. I lack the "sweet touch". The pull cord rewind mechanism is worn. so... sometimes it will pull out, but not retract. Other times it will bind up and only pull out about 15 inches. Then... it will pull out, but there's not the right amount of resistance. I think that whole mechanism could be replaced... and I'd get an other 35 years out of it! So... I did a lot of hand digging in the new area. My Broad Fork is also in need of repair. One of the tines (? 3/8" thick!) is bent about 40* out of kilter. So... I need to take it back to the guy who made it "for a tune up". Hubby could most likely bend it back, but thinks it will be a better repair if the guy who made it puts some heat to it. Sod has roots that are 12" long. Lots of rocks, soil has a lot of clay. area is 8' x 48'. So... I've been getting a work out. Today, I got the area staked out and fertilized for 6 beds (4 or 5 will be planted to potatoes.) I'd have liked to get potatoes in ground 2 weeks ago. But, life and weather has been happening.

Yours a pony or horse? I have an old pony, put a new motor on it 3 years ago. Starts first pull every time. I had to disconnect the tip sensor because my big garden slops to the center and I raise my hills high. But the motors are just as good as any for a replacement. And if you catch a 20% off coupon, it's a no brainier really... You won't have reverse but I took that mess off a while ago. Full it with full synthetic oil and it'll last a long time. Plus the new more uses hardly any gasoline at all. I was amazed how little gas it uses.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I planted some celery I had growing on the kitchen sink into dirt. Moved the drakes around to the back and filled the girls coop with hay. We had some rain last night so there is somewhere dry for them to sit now. Dumped the buns litter onto one of the beds that is almost ready for silverbeet and kale planting. Also did the usual weeding. Moved a few pots around and re-fenced near the compost heap.