baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are on community water, so will se an uptick in the bill. LOL

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did weed some rows......not in between, just around the plants -- entire row tops. We've had substantial rain every day for 8 in a row. Sun out now BUT --- poss more rains late day :he Not muddy but sure too wet to plow!! I so need to retill it!!!!!!! Clear 2 days, the more...yep, wet!

Just can't believe this.! Well, the rivers are full anyway.

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Watered the garden and my potted plants. We haven't had any rain for over 2 weeks, well, we did get about 10 sprinkles yesterday morning! Picked some green beans, cucumbers and squash. I have a couple of tomatoes starting to pink up!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not really IN the garden, but AFFECTING the garden. I moved the ducks down an other section of their "moat" around the garden. Grass and clover are about 8" tall there. Every morning, I toss their slimy, stinky, muddy duck water over the CP fence into the potato patch. That slime lands directly on the potato leaves. I figure it's a combination of foliar feeding and DIY "Surround" treatment for pest control. Potatoes seem happy. Cucumber beetles and squash bugs are showing up. Need to cut a new gate in front of the garden so ducks can access for supervised patrol. Waiting on a roll of deer netting so I can control where the ducks go. Won't arrive until first week of July.
https://greenearthagandturf.com/products/pest-insect-control/surround-wp-kaolin-clay/

Weather is dry, dry, dry. Not enough well water to do any more than spot watering. 95* multiple days in a row. cooler this week, mid 80's.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
picked and put up strawberries yesterday (12 pints of freezer jam and 17 pints of mashed ones) and day before. need to get out and water this morning. just teases of rain here.

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tied my tomatoes up this morning. Main stems are tied as high as I can go, just have the suckers to tie up as they grow. I have a few starting to turn. Can't wait to taste them.

Cut about 2 feet off of my marigolds. They had gotten taller than my tomatoes which are taller than my cattle panels. I never knew marigolds could grow that tall. I'll make sure next year and check expected size. :)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tied my tomatoes up this morning. Main stems are tied as high as I can go, just have the suckers to tie up as they grow. I have a few starting to turn. Can't wait to taste them.

Cut about 2 feet off of my marigolds. They had gotten taller than my tomatoes which are taller than my cattle panels. I never knew marigolds could grow that tall. I'll make sure next year and check expected size. :)

Your garden is way ahead of mine. My potatoes are just starting to bloom, and my pole beans are running. I need to give them some twine tomorrow. First tomato blossoms are setting. I have a chipmunk or rat that has dug a tunnel in my garden, under a pumpkin plant. I set a live trap, baited with: Dog kibble, apple, and a slice of Milky Way Midnight. I figure that some part of the meal will be irresistible. Really should leave the trap set open for a few days before setting the spring trigger. But, really want to catch the creature tonight before he does damage.

American marigolds grow tall, while French marigolds stay smaller.