CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter You already have a great compost base, "This winters CCX, Turkey, Ducks and Chicken deep bedding, with lots of barn lime mixed in"
in this video
Paul goes over to Short's Family Farm located in Chimacum, WA in the rainy winter most of his land in a pond. This is what they sell, https://www.shortsfamilyfarm.com/soil.html at point 16.25 i nthe video Nick shows the break down of the compost. I believe Paul does this ever other year rotating which beds get done.
Paul is very crippled. Nick is a blessing.

In this video he is making his news rows, 1 1/2 rake heads apart, he just uses his rake handle to make a row. He is making the rows closer so he can plant more. He just rakes back the chips from where he wants a bed. So all of the area is like what you have going , just with wood chips. In is Film, he explains the WHY, for the wood chips.

BUT keep in mind, he has a LOT of ground water and run off from the Olympic Mt. he has much more water than I do, because he is at the base I am not, I dont have wet ground, mine is very dry.
View attachment 16332

I REALLY!!! wanted to eliminate my driveway around the house and not put in the concrete block beds, I wanted to leave one truck width so if we needed work on the well a truck could back in,,,, and build up my soil, cover it with the woodchips, make walkways, and just garden all around the house,,, but no go, my DH said nah,
BUT, it still could be done, my raised beds are quite deep, Oh well,

View attachment 16333
Thanks, I'll have to study this.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just some light weeding today. Earthworms out in force! Front hedge needs doing again soon.