Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I read somewhere years ago they said to place a small piece of rhubarb(?) under the roots of (certain?) plants when you plant them, to protect them from or prevent blight. I could be remembering incorrectly now, it's been awhile since I read this.

Now THAT'S interesting, Sumi! Found this.... http://www.pecanbread.com/new/Oxalicacid.html

I'm wondering if steeping the leaves in hot water and making a nice spray from it, spraying the plants and soil around them would help?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Beekissed, I think it's worth a try.

I was just thinking about @Amiga I think she may have a suggestion or two for you. I'll see if I can find her...

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I harvested a few asparagus. Hopefully next year we'll be able to harvest a LOT! We had a bit of snow yesterday (didn't stick though) so I'm still keeping things in the greenhouse.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I haven't been able to even get my garden going at all so far seeing how for a few weeks last month it was way too wet and now this weekend and last weekend it has been raining. Yes, I know I could have worked in it during the week but I was busy and couldn't find the time.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You'll get there, it has been really wet here too.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Seriously... We've had nonstop rain. Supposed to get up to 2 inches tonight. I was going to plant a few things today but they would all be washed away! So I'll wait a day or two!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah we've been fairly soggy here lately too. Rain every day, and several times it was pouring buckets for a half hour or better and then steady light rain the rest of the day.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's been pouring here for the last two days as well. But we didn't have much rain for the last month, except one o.k. shower about a week or so ago. So this was welcome and needed. It broke up this evening, so we went for a walk while we could finally.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
No rain here! I planted 5 more holes of hollyhocks. Slow-going project! I hope I can pick up the pace by the time the rest of my seeds arrive!

DH bought a new lawn mower today and has been piling up grass clipping for me to use for mulch on my new flowerbed area. Yay!