frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Send them radishes this way - DH loves 'em! Carrots don't come up until you give up on 'em - that's for sure!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Did a little weeding, removed a small raised bed contraption from the main garden, tied up a few things, picked and ate some rhubarb. Took a few pics of things too but then got rained out on any further chores.

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love radishes I can eat them all by themselves.

@tortoise your garden is going to be so pretty I love the old fashion garden with Holly hocks
I use to have them back before we got into chickens. lol Now it's survival of the fittest.

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Did a little weeding, removed a small raised bed contraption from the main garden, tied up a few things, picked and ate some rhubarb. Took a few pics of things too but then got rained out on any further chores.

What's your recipe for rhubarb, my aunt use to cook it down and add so much sugar to it. Similar to apple sauce.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@tortoise give those strawbs a chance. I had some in containers and over winter just left them when life got too busy to fuss over plants. I found them completely submerged after rain a few times. And frozen when we had very cold nights and the water in their tubs froze. Some of them are still alive and making a comeback! They are amazingly tough plants.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
What's your recipe for rhubarb, my aunt use to cook it down and add so much sugar to it. Similar to apple sauce.

My recipe is to rinse off the dirt, peel the stalk, sprinkle with salt and EAT. :drool :D That's the only way I eat rhubarb.

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My recipe is to rinse off the dirt, peel the stalk, sprinkle with salt and EAT. :drool :D That's the only way I eat rhubarb.
I always thought rhubard was bitter and that is why everyone sugared it to death.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow I have that book too, and I have never noticed that recipe. Need to go find it now! I haven't done rhubarb, or asparagus, because we aren't sure if we are moving so I don't want do do anything permanent yet.