NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am not even starting seeds yet. Maybe next weekend. I started the incubator instead!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nothing! What the heck? It's 39 degrees! Going to be 35 degrees tonight! Yesterday we had the air conditioner on, last night switched to heat. I am so ready to PLANT SOMETHING.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I usually wait until the second week of April. But, but, but.....the PECAN trees have leaves on them!!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here too. 80 one day and freezing the next night. I haven't planted yet. And yes. The pecan trees have leaves. But I'm used to Wisconsin winters so no big deal.
A big advantage here is that if I don't get the spring garden planted, I can do one later in the year. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm stuck between a late, cold spring and fast approaching scalding, burning HOT that fries everything to a crisp. :barnie

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Tomatoes and peppers have germinated/sprouted well and I'm tickled over that. I usually have great success with the maters, but spotty results with peppers...usually have to have a heat mat under them, but didn't this year because we are still using the wood stove!

Blessings to be found in all weathers, folks! ;) :D

Peonies are up above the soil!!!! :weee :celebrate :weee :celebrate

Spuds have cured out enough to plant this week...late start, I know, but it will be fine.

Peach trees are blooming....always lovely to see but won't get pollinated if the snows keep coming every other day, alternating with 50-60* weather. Strange spring, but lovely all the same.

Ramps planted last season down in a close wood lot are flourishing...it's a GREAT year for ramps, y'all! :woot