CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to get my garden planted. Between the weather, working and having a flood in my basement, I'm way behind. Never got in early stuff, so I may try for a fall crop of some of it.

Me too... Weather is crazy this year. I was gonna do a lot of it yesterday but I got some weird stomach something or another :( I kid you not Saturday night I filled the bottom of the bath tub with vomit (14 times I vomited, I mean projectile vomit - so freaking nasty!)... Then Sunday early morning I vomited 6 more times and filled the toilet 3 times with even nastier diarrhea. I was totally empty and dehydrated yesterday, I had no idea the human stomach and bowls could hold that much nasty! It looks like I lost 10 lbs... on a positive note - My stomach is flat again. I honestly don't ever recall being that sick in my life, even in my younger days.

I was feeling a lot better today, I actually eat a little and have been trying to rehydrate. What little I've eaten and have drunk has stayed down. but I'm covered head to toes in hives now and I feel like I may be getting a chest cold or something but can't be sure... It's a weird bug or whatever it is.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Cow - you had it bad...whatever "it" was. Glad you're feeling better!

Me too - I am so glad I'm feeling better. I was telling my son about it just a little while ago and he told me he got dysentery while serving in the Marine Corp while in Iraq. What he discribed made me feel a lot better just listeneing. He said he was pretty sure he was going to die with it. Mine is nowhere near that bad.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Man it's been a great weekend! We planted idk how many tomatoes, peppers, and squash. Fertilized, weeded, watered. Did a little harvesting and made some sweet pickled garden mix.

The garden is looking good! And it's going to be super full this time next month!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Horray hives are gone and I'm feeling a LOT better!!! But gardening is turning out to be difficult at best :(

Rain rain rain
Screenshot_2018-05-29-15-03-58.png

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I believe that tomato is a Siamese twin.....separate it! :lol:

So many of us are having the same "no early Spring garden" woes. But, Fall will come!! We can catch up. Heck, some areas just hope they have enough warm days to do a summer garden, so we are lucky. Just know that I am THRILLED to have gotten out what I did. And, so far it's been warm and drizzling off and on, so super good for those dang transplants I bought! Should get more seed out soon.

Nice thing about the purchased transplants -- I actually have something growing about where it should be. :D satisfaction.

Have a slack work week so appears I will be home by 2 each day. Nice!! Gives me time for put off projects. :celebrate

For all of those who got there's out and are harvesting :clap

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
CrealCritter, so glad you are feeling better -- of course, didn't sound like you could go much worse. As to the gardening -- hang in there. I did & it worked out nicely. Again, our only choices are wait or quit sometimes. The latter isn't my style, yours either.

In a couple months you'll be showing us truckloads of stuff!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm trying to get some support to my red ripper peas. I think I waited too long... but I'm determined to corral them. My winter squashes and/or melons are taking OVER...dang shame I don't even know which is which yet, lol. I like my "surprise" garden! I always intend to keep better track of what varieties I planted and where I planted 'em - but I never do.

Noticed that some okra I planted in some bare spots has sprouted. So, that little garden area that I posted the picture of is about to get even more crowded! I fully intended to have a bigger area planted, but it just never took off. Sooooo, I've stuffed as much as I can get into the small area. It's only about 40 x 48, but dang is it packed. Still no corn though....ugh. I've still got 5 short rows that are empty so if I have any seed left I might stick 'em in the ground. Will make the 4th time I've planted corn...if I even bother to try again.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM -- we can't always grow everything! I WANT to but, have accepted that it is not practical. It's a gardening problem.

I found out that my DD planted pumpkin in a field that I am not currently using as my DS (that is questionable, the D part!) has made it into a messy driveway. LONG story. So, I decided that I will expand that area to add my own pumpkin crop! Hey, time to reseed that section anyway. DS said they planted melons -- ??? they don't EAT melons...so what's up?

This is a weird and stressful year in my life. :lol: I'm pushing "self" to walk the talk to know that I can feel ok quitting work...so practicing the provision portion, limiting buying and all else I will need to LIVE with when I slack off on work.. Re-reading all the "how to save" issues. It's a big step to truly retire! You will see.