Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
8:45 PST, it's 43F and sunny. Yesterday I got my peppers and chilis transplanted into bigger pots and into the greenhouse, which is probably closer to 50F. They will get more sunlight out there, so I hope it's a good move for them.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I picked a yellow squash! :celebrate

Spreading woodchips again today. Have been a slacker for a couple days. Four full garden carts so far today and that's gonna be it for now - shoulder and wrist are objecting. That's ok, I can find plenty of other stuff to do. I love spending time in the garden!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
My potatoes are coming back after the freeze. It did not take long at all! The weather was great today, and I hilled and weeded the potatoes. I got the broccoli tilled, and will fertilize tomorrow evening.

I am hoping to get green beans, sweet corn, cucumbers, and tomatoes in the ground tomorrow. I have had some stuff come up today and tomorrow that has made that a little harder than I would like.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I watered the Ky wonder pole beans that ARE sprouting!! These were ones that were old seed & planted heavy as I wasn't sure if 6 yr old seeds were viable. Mixed with a single pack of fresh & all are working! Been dry for few days so gave them a drink since rain is a day or two away. I'm thrilled. Should see squash in a day or two Got to set out tomato, pepper & eggplant starts now, with some more of them just sprouting for some later plantings.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've moved the cabbage, broccoli, and collards out of the greenhouse to harden off. We are expecting rain starting tomorrow through Wed, and temps in the 50's H and 30's L after that, so...
The peas are sprouting, the radishes are sprouting (big surprise there, lol) and I found one little blade of green in the carrot patch. Things are starting to gear up now. Our local nursery is having trouble keeping seeds and seedlings in stock.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This afternoon -- ONE yellow squash plant is breaking ground. :celebrate
Guess the other 35 won't be far behind....squash & zucs. It takes so little to make me happy!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We got sweet corn, bush beans, pole beans, tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers in the ground tonight. I am killed. That's 75% of my garden.

Next week, okra, sweet potatoes, musk melon, watermelon, zucchini, summer squash, winter squash, and pumpkins.

Latest posts