What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
More rain last night. Boots for wet grass to do chores.😐

I'll walk out there and take a look at what's up....see if I need to plug in more bean seed in any rows . They had been coming up good, so rain should have gotten any laggers to pop.😊

Have things to plant/seeds, need to do it while wet.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are saying we're gonna get a little taste of Texas. Forecast to be a high of 96 during the day for the beginning to middle of next week. I don't expect the cabbages or the beets will make it through the little taste of Texas. So we might as well get processing cabbages and beets early next week.

I have a few cabbages in head and some starting to head. But If I could have gotten them set out 4 or 5 weeks earlier, it would have been more better, it was just to wet to get in the garden then. But I believe we have enough for making and freezing some cabbage rolls and hopefully enough to make a big pot of cabbage soup to can.

Plus there's always hope for fall cabbages and some sauerkraut. I just have to remember to sow the cabbage seeds. I'm going to recalculate my dates for 90 day drumhead Brunswick and see becomes of it.

Eat what you can, can what you can't 😋

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Me too, CC. Couldn't plant early cold things. Gotta plan for those for fall this year.

Grabbed a small bag of onion sets I'd forgotten and found 🙄. So I poked them into ground on shade side of tomatoes. If they grow, great. If not, oh well. It's a little late but even green onions or small to pull and chop is fine.

Weeded green beans to cardboard between and mulch, in morning when cool. Weeded squash...mulch there tomorrow. Still need to transplant peppers. Potatoes I put out have a few sprouts. My container ones are blooming.

Rain was predicted for Fri and Sat. Now prob only a few scattered late sat. 🤷. I have hoses set out! 👍🤫

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Brought home 10 sq bales of straw from a farm when I went to test milk. Got them unloaded at the garden and 2 spread out. Have alot of small weeds and grass sprouting...from being gone for 5 days up north taking care of things for parents estate. That was difficult to say the least and a very bad trip with all sorts of breakdowns and problems. In my @farmerjan's journal - weather on BYH if anyone wants to read it.
Pulled some weeds as I put down the straw... want to get it out so that if we get the forecast "showers and storms" on Sat/Sun it will settle the straw down good. I will then be able to get in there and work on weeds. Checked out the garden plot on paper, saw what did and didn't come up as I had some old seed I was trying to use... will go through and do some fill in and replant with some newer seed. Most anything that was 2020, and newer/fresher, did pretty good. Some was way older and did not do anything. But I will go through and fill in those rows with some later stuff. Going to put in some broccoli seed for late plants... and more green beans...
@CrealCritter your row of cabbages looked real pretty in the picture I saw.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dang! I am so way behind on planting. Worked all morning until 2pm outside weeding the front.

20220609_190946.jpg
20220609_124536.jpg20220609_124526.jpg
It is looking ok.
Hub finished the gate and will go tomorrow to get 3 more fencing to finish the back area. The front fence will have to wait until next summer. Too expensive the darn vinyl fencing.
20220609_190856.jpg
But the weed eater worked better than me. Had 2 dizzy spells out front. Good I had a chair with me. I also did around the front and south side. Interesting plant I got there but have no clue what it is.
20220609_191033.jpg
Friend gave me 6 more tomato plants. Need to plant them tomorrow after coming back from HD.I even had the moon over my south pine tree,lol
20220609_190933.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
They are saying we're gonna get a little taste of Texas. Forecast to be a high of 96 during the day for the beginning to middle of next week. I don't expect the cabbages or the beets will make it through the little taste of Texas. So we might as well get processing cabbages and beets early next week.

I have a few cabbages in head and some starting to head. But If I could have gotten them set out 4 or 5 weeks earlier, it would have been more better, it was just to wet to get in the garden then. But I believe we have enough for making and freezing some cabbage rolls and hopefully enough to make a big pot of cabbage soup to can.

Plus there's always hope for fall cabbages and some sauerkraut. I just have to remember to sow the cabbage seeds. I'm going to recalculate my dates for 90 day drumhead Brunswick and see becomes of it.

Eat what you can, can what you can't 😋

We will get the 90s a day or two after you.

Only concerned about the lettuce at this time

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang! I am so way behind on planting. Worked all morning until 2pm outside weeding the front.

View attachment 19131
View attachment 19134View attachment 19135
It is looking ok.
Hub finished the gate and will go tomorrow to get 3 more fencing to finish the back area. The front fence will have to wait until next summer. Too expensive the darn vinyl fencing.
View attachment 19133
But the weed eater worked better than me. Had 2 dizzy spells out front. Good I had a chair with me. I also did around the front and south side. Interesting plant I got there but have no clue what it is.
View attachment 19132
Friend gave me 6 more tomato plants. Need to plant them tomorrow after coming back from HD.I even had the moon over my south pine tree,lol
View attachment 19136
The interesting plant might be creeping phlox ground cover. Check and see if it's what it is.

Latest posts