What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good day!
Another rainy day. Yesterday I made some black bean soup and it was so good. Today, I was able to go outside and planted 9 more bell pepper plants and put straw to hold that grass coming back near them. The chickens escaped for a bit then I noticed that one of my white leghorn was so dirty and with the rain she had become kind of like a brahma chicken,lol
blackbeansoup060522.jpg06062022garden.jpgleghornwanting2bebrahma.jpg
Hope I am doing it right by removing the sand or soil and just putting organic mis and planting them in the mix.

Last edited:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good day!
Another rainy day. Yesterday I made some black bean soup and it was so good. Today, I was able to go outside and planted 9 more bell pepper plants and put straw to hold that grass coming back near them. The chickens escaped for a bit then I noticed that one of my white leghorn was so dirty and with the rain she had become kind of like a brahma chicken,lol
View attachment 19114View attachment 19113View attachment 19115
Hope I am doing it right by removing the sand or soil and just putting organic mis and planting them in the mix.
If the mix is a good one, sounds good to me.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I
If the mix is a good one, sounds good to me.
It was black beans, a potatoe, shredded carrots, calabaza (pumpkin),smoked ham,sofrito,a Goya packet of sazon,bit of chicken broth and spaghetti because do not have the thin ones,lol 4.5hrs on the crock pot and ate like an animal,lol

Worked my life away today with pain but needed to cut the grass. Hub started in front after he put the cattle guard gate in front and had to go to therapy. While he was doing the front, I was with the western around the back of the house, the coop and their run while they were out doing chicken things. The found the entrance to the garden, so I had to sit and cover a metal stand for a for sale sign with safety net. Then closed the garden up. While hub was gone, got on the tractor and cut all of the back yard. Once he was back, he began raking the clippings and I kept around the other side of the house and one side of the fence. I am exhausted and hungry. No cooking today for being so busy. Just want to shower and will figure the food after,lol

Last edited:

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
watered, watered, and watered. it is so dry, we have missed out on the last couple storms/rain showers so we are needing to water. harvested some baby spinach and lettuce. checked the onions, some are ready for early eating ones! I will grab a couple in the next couple days and eat them on buttered bread. :drool headed out to the farm this afternoon to do some work, first CSA pick up is next week, I am thinking kohlrabi will be in it!