What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug seems you are right about the type of mint. I haven't have bees in the front of the house, no trimming,nothing. Put them on summer 2021 and today, oh! That smell,View attachment 19371View attachment 19372
I do not use it for anything but to look and smell them.

On another note, put some smoked ham hock and black beans on the crock pot all night and breakfast is ready,lol
View attachment 19373
I know many people do not have a stomach for something like this in the morning but I do,lol
I get up early so I need anything to keep going.

Did not watered barely yesterday because of rain in the forecast. It rained most of the night and still dripping some. If it is not because I have my tech guys coming this morning, I would go back to bed,lol

looks fine to me. i'm not a picky eater. :) a few things i can't eat due to food reactions.

i grew up on mostly Italian American cooking and could live off cold lasagna, pizza, spaghetti, etc. for breakfast. no problem at all. for a few years i thought i was having trouble with tomatoes and stopped eating them for the most part (a tough thing for me to do since we do grow them and i love 'em in so many forms). then it turned out it was something else and i've been back to eating tomatoes without any problems.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Baby maters!

Attachments

• 20220629_174139.jpg
    20220629_174139.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 42

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Watered the newest seed that hasn't had time to sprout! And, those newly sprouted ones. Picked 5 yellow squash and a gray zuc. Tomatoes are so full of bloom and tiny tomatoes, I'm impressed so far!! Those plum tomatoes are really cranking 'em out.

First group of green beans are getting ready to flower -- I see the little ones forming. :clap eggplant have lots of pretty purple blooms. This week I will prep and move vining squash to their planned site. Things are finally happening. 😁

Didn't garden but a few plants last year, so this year is exciting!

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie @Mini Horses @CrealCritter @floso excited for you all!

Worked only in the garage today. Cleaned the freezer I bought yesterday,cleared a space for it and plugged it. Then my tech guys got here and very bad news. Sound bar and wifi extender got fried after electric storm 2 wks ago. Mother mature has racked me about 2k in appliances.

Just watered for the night.

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
interesting because that doesn't work here we have areas in the remaining lawn (what little is left) where the mints have taken up residence after escaping from whichever garden they were in.

if you keep pulling it out you can remove it, but it does take some patience.

there's at least four different kinds of mints so it smells good when we mow. Mom hates it because she reacts to the smell and doesn't like mint in other things to eat or in teas so i don't know why she planted it to begin with, but there it is. also the ground ivy, aka Creeping Charlie is a mint. pretty hard to get rid of completely, but if you keep after removing the vines and leaves when you see it then it can be eradicated. persistence is the key word with getting rid of mints since they will also come back from dropped seeds so you have to remove any new plants that start up when you see them before the roots can venture off on their vining journies.
I planted catmint because it is the only plant that the deer will leave alone. They will not eat it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I planted catmint because it is the only plant that the deer will leave alone. They will not eat it.

they don't much like garlic, onions as far as edibles go.

for ornamentals they don't usually go for the russian sage or the lavender and of course daffodils. i think they will go for cosmos a little at times, but not nearly as much as some others they really prefer.

for herbs, mints and thymes i've not had them go after them.

and then, of course, when they're hungry in the middle of winter they'll go after the cedar trees when the rest of the time they'll ignore them.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First squashes harvest. My daughter said I'll cook them for you Dad. I guess she really likes black pepper a lot. I took a piece of summer squash and zucchini. I took a bite of the summer squash and put the zucchini back, without being seen 🤫 Good thing there's more plants out there 😁
IMG_20220629_192950735.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸