What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Hinotori hope your weather allows you at least some gardening time. 🤞. It's hard to see the early gardens and we have nothing -- you drool over the results like they are next door, not thousands of miles away. Feels like failure for you. It's location.

@R2elk has tomatoes I'm wanting to grab!! Gotta settle for waiting on mine to get there😁

Waiting is HARD!

@CrealCritter I'm picking squash too. Shame first ones weren't your fav way. Tomorrow DW can fix that -- there'll be lots more ready to good -- it's a daily pick now.

All the mint talk -- I wanted some. Found a whole patch in DDs flower bed. 🤣 Little hand spade and I'll have plenty for my pot. 👍😁

Last edited:

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@miniat least for some margaritas, lol my friend from church told me about that and when I told her she can come to have margaritas, she said better mojitos because she knows that is what Puertoricans drink. I do not drink. Maybe I should start again,lol

which reminded me of a joke:
You can set apart Hispanics by their drinks. Mexican drink of choice us tequila, Puertoricans drink of choice is Don Q or Bacardi, then you have Cubans. Their drink of choice is "cafecito" where you only get a shot of that. But when they over drink it, they swim directly from Cuba to Florida"

Love my Hispanic people. They can be rude and funny at the same time.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not much. Had plans but hub is redoing the chicken run roof that it leaked in a few places,so he took it all out and making it better. So my job is sit outside watching for hawks.

Apparently a bee stung my RIR and one side of her face is swollen. Watching her toeke sure nothing else swells up. She seems fine so I will let nature work it's way like God intended. 👍

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cabbages and brussel sprouts are up 👍. I removed all the lids and lowered the florescent lights to just above the flag leaves, so they won't get spindly.
IMG_20220630_112920864~2.jpg

I guess next is spinach and I'm debating on romaine lettuce. I'll direct sow, peas early contender green beans (my favorite) and another row of beets but bulls blood this time. Need to figure out when those get direct sowed.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just added 2 40' rows to the 3 that are starting to flower...contenders. 😁. I'll be begging people to take some!

My fall crops will be started in hills in the garden, will transplant from there. 🤷. No indoor babysitting. I'll be canning string beans!!!

Just got back from delivering 4 gal of milk to a soaper. 👍. Good!! Tired of making cheese and refer was overfull. Plus, it helps pay for feed. Back out to moving goats to another pasture for the afternoon, so I can rake out their shed for the corn....in the garden. See how that circle works? :lol: :old if I can just keep circling!

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was warned! @baymule said these were heavy producers...but, only these 13 seed in the PKG, toss them out. 🙄. So, 100% germination...but they are monster growers. In just 5 days, triple size! Goats and chickens will be happy if production is like this. It gets to be funny, as I also have 9 butternut -- same from which I got over 100# from only 2 vines. I want feed supplementing and probably will have that! :lol:

On 6/25
raw(17).jpg

On 6/30
raw(18).jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
watered this morning and finished just in time for a few sprinkles of rain and probably going to take it easy the rest of today to give my foot more time off. i need to get some weeding done in many places but it can wait a day or seven. most of the worst of it has been dealt with already. :) it's going ok. deer are a PITA but that's just how it can go sometimes... it's going ok. i have beans inside the fence that are flowering and putting on pods already plus my few potted beans have also been flowering and putting on pods. waiting for some pea pods to get big enough to harvest for seeds before the chipmunks find them.

green onion seeds have been harvested (should be thousands of seeds to work with - won't know how many are viable until planting), other onions flowering - i'm liking how there is separation between the types that there's a good chance they won't do much crossing.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nothing at the garden. Hub gave me a wonderful day that I had to take off at 8am. Waited forever at best buy since they changed their opening to 11am. But it was worth it! Did not had to pay for the sound bar nor woofers. So since my fridge is old and wants to be smart and work when it wants to, called my sister in PR and she helped me get a new hub. Yep! A Samsung hub that I always wanted. It was their open box for display so got a very good deal on it. It will be here on the 6th. This hub will really make me happy! 😆 🤣

Guys, do not make wives upset or they will buy a new hub! :ep o_O

Just waiting expectantly for peeps!