What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey. I have only 2 kids and NEITHER will eat squash or cabbage!! You're lucky. 😁

Have dehydrator full of zucs and just found an easy recipe for refrigerator zuc pickles! Gonna make some tonight. Few neighbors to share with. Did give some zuc and crooknecks to a DS friend. Haven't seen her since. :lol: but I did ask and she did want, so....think I'm ok. 😊. She was blessed with a doz eggs, also.

It was all too easy.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tart cherry picking (from my yard not paid for) now what to make? This is about half. I couldn't reach the way top bc I dont do heights. Lots more probably early next week

There is no :drool in the like options. So I posted it here instead.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Picked over a dozen yellow squash and 2 golden zucc and a green one that was 12-14 inches... I haven't been in the garden in 2 days due to work and all.... ready to freeze some yellow squash tomorrow... ate a big bowl of it tonight, boiled with a little s&p and plenty of butter...
UHM UHM GOOD

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh goodness!!! I want a tree!! My first house had one and I've wanted one since! Love those things. Best pie ever!!

true. :) we buy them dried and i could have them several times a week in various ways. with the weather being hotter i'm not having oatmeal as often but tomorrow that might be how i enjoy them. :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Never had zucc pickles... need recipe.... PLEEZE.... Got a green zucc plant and a golden zucc plant... would make pretty pickles....
Ones similar to this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220708-222556_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220708-222556_Chrome.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 60

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
just found an easy recipe for refrigerator zuc pickles!
Have not tried!!! But small batch and refrigerator so, put together and enjoy? So I plan to do and taste test in a few days.

Approx 1.5# zucs.... Sliced.....

In 3 pint jars....each jar, put 1/2 tsp black peppercorn, 1/2 tsp mustard seed, 1/4 tsp dill seed. Add zucs, add fresh dill (or increase dill seed).
Brine....mix and bring to boil....2.5 cup water, 1 cup white vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 TBS coarse salt...non iodized.

Pour brine into jars, which have everything in there. Cap, cool, refrigerate. Need about 48 hrs to cure. ??? Good 2-3 weeks in frig. Personally, I'd set those jars in some warm water while boiling the brine...just to feel safer to dump that hot brine in them.

Leaves room for personal adjustments. Add?? Onions, etc. But I felt it was small enough to toss out if not liked. And no processing time. More heat would make zuc too soft. Easy to adjust spice to own tastes. Definately not a make and store product. Just a quickie make and use. 😁

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picked over a dozen yellow squash and 2 colden zucc and a green one that was 12-14 inches... I haven't been in the garden in 2 days due to work and all.... ready to freeze some yellow squash tomorrow... ate a big bowl of it tonight, boiled with a little s&p and plenty of butter...
UHM UHM GOOD
I wonder if cattle like squash? Probably have to cut it into strips. They sure like cabbage and beet greens. I go easy, I don't want them to bloat.