What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
CC, your garden looks great!
Noticed peas starting to flower the other day. There's probably enough spinach and red romain lettuce to have a couple of salads.

Perhaps I shouldn't have, but I looked at the weather forecast. Next Saturday might be questionable, flirting with that 20 degrees 🤔 I reckon I'll have to see what becomes of it. Might need to water that evening. The first hard freeze will come eventually, it happens every year 😁
Screenshot_20221105-194308.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
worked on getting the north garden cleaned up and ready for winter. got all the squash plants buried and weeded about 2/3rds of it. no more deer goodies out there for them now - at least not in that garden. :)

it is amazing to me that the daffodils are already poking their heads up a bit, but that they know not to grow until next spring.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
finished north garden yesterday. it wasn't too bad considering i'd weeded it a month ago or so. just keeping it up and repairing deer damage and getting all the edges fixed up again from being trampled or gravity and rains washing away the dirt. it's looking pretty good and the edges are coming along. :)

no gardening today as the weather is supposed to be warm enough i'll be trying to finish up the staining that's left to do.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holey Moley! Those cabbages are fabulous!

Thanks for the map. I clicked on WA state and then my county. We are in a moderate drought.
You're Welcome, these are the biggest cabbages I've ever grown. They are an old German large drumhead kraut variety called Brunswick and the seed package said 90 days.

They grow fast and need lots of water and nitrogen supplement to keep growing. I planted them where I grew onions this summer to take advantage of residual homemade nitrogen fertilizer from onion fertilizing. I'm currently watering them again, it's been very dry here since late summer and I'm not one to let the garden dry out.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Farm Babe ❤️ informed me there's a chance for that nasty 4 letter word (snow) tomorrow 😳. Then she said in the 40's during the day and 20's over night. She asked if we need to harvest cabbages? I said not as long as it doesn't get 20 degrees or below 20 over night. She, low to mid 20's. I said that'll just make the cabbage more better 😋 let's wait a while before harvesting.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i got one garden put up for winter and spread ashes on it and turned them in somewhat. on to the next chores today. i should be able to get one garden inside the fence scraped quick to get it ready and then back outside the fence to the bean garden that needs to be finished and ashes scattered and turned there too. don't think i can finish it all but i'll give it a shot. :)