What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
was a nice day today and i took a break away from breaking my body more and weeded the onion garden and puttered around getting the septic system tank ready to be pumped. as usual any time there is something going on there are also more projects involved with that so while getting that ready i noticed the tank plugs had rings of metal that were really rusty and starting to degrade a lot more than they should be so i knocked and scraped off the rust and cleaned them up and then painted them so they won't rust as much any more.

for fun when the guy comes on Tuesday to open up the tank i'm going to hand him an old rag and tell him to be gentle. that will get a laugh and stories told i'm sure... if i can pull it off with a straight face... :) :) :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's November, am I the only one who is still processing table ripened Amish paste and roma tomatoes?
IMG_20221103_114000433.jpg

House smells heavenly!
IMG_20221103_142958901.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fall/winter cabbages and brussels still growing with me trying to water them. We are under severe drought according to drought monitor. Too much effort put in, too not try and care for them.
IMG_20221104_175027641.jpg

This might be the biggest cabbage, although I see some just as big, if not bigger in the rows. But this one was easy to get at, being at the end of the row right in front of me. I'm going to let the cabbage roll a few more weeks. I'm curious how much the heads will weigh 🤔 Brunswick makes nice looking cabbage and should make some good sauerkraut. Still amazed how a tiny lifeless seed, can come to life and grow into a beautiful delicious plant. Almighty's creation, truly amazing 😍
IMG_20221104_175044383.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited: