What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't grow but, bought a quantity at produce auction. I like to chop and freeze bags of peppers and also onions. Nice to have them "ready to go" when cooking. Just used some of my toasted, dehydrated ones in a pot of chicken broth last evening. Nice! Guess I plan to grow them this year since I bought seed in the fall. πŸ₯΄πŸ™„. Health wise onions are very good for you. I love those and garlic. My kids, nope...won't eat them. Don't even like them cooked in things. Sad. Great flavor. Too bad πŸ™ƒ

Goaties have been direct fertilizing my garden spot all winter...I should be good to go. Warming Soon.😁

@CrealCritter are you enlarging your garden space or just utilizing what's there in better fashion? You had a sizeable area in 2022. I'm doing the latter as I didn't plant a good bit of mine last year. Planing to stay home more this year -- not job so much!
Planning on increasing vegetable garden by about 1/2 as much than last year somewhere around 150 x 50 foot. 50 foot rows with my uasal row spacing.

Jesus is Lord and Christ πŸ™β€οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Farm Babe and neighbors better get ready!! πŸ˜‚πŸ₯°

And cows, of course....they get part. But they're always ready.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Farm Babe and neighbors better get ready!! πŸ˜‚πŸ₯°

And cows, of course....they get part. But they're always ready.
She was happy over canning/processing season last year happy wife/happy life. Plus we enjoy giving excess away.

Luke 6:38 (red letters)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After about 48 hours, the first little baby califlower popped up. Everytime I sow seeds, it amazes me how something lifeless, comes to life πŸ‘†. Only 71 more cells to go πŸ‘
IMG_20230209_203650566~3.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's amazing! I wouldn't expect sprouts for at least a week. An overachiever there. 🀣

A though to do a light till this weekend had entered my mind early week -- 2" of rain coming will stall that. It's ok. Still early for it, so no biggie. 😊

Haven't started ANY seed. Just looking at the packages. :lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's amazing! I wouldn't expect sprouts for at least a week. An overachiever there. 🀣

A though to do a light till this weekend had entered my mind early week -- 2" of rain coming will stall that. It's ok. Still early for it, so no biggie. 😊

Cole family and onions are the first seeds to sow indoors and get set out in the garden. We've already got wild lettuce popping up in the mow yard. I use that along with Clydes garden planner as my guides.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So at the last minute I ordered some Brussels sprouts seeds. I should have ordered earlier but you know how it goes...I placed my online order Monday evening, it's now Friday and I wanted to know when my order would ship. So I checked the status ..

Maybe I should start calling Friday's "Freaky Friday" because I am still feeling a little "freakish". I redlined all the personal info and the seed company name. But here's what I experienced by clicking that online customer service floating web page icon. See what you think...
Screenshot_20230210-130309~3.png

Screenshot_20230210-130328~2.png

Screenshot_20230210-130352~3.png

Screenshot_20230210-130412~4.png

Screenshot_20230210-130445~3.png

Screenshot_20230210-130500~2.png

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Computer systems are so fun to interact with. I got to text back and forth with one for Madigan Pharmacy's "Get in line" system a couple weeks ago. It couldn't find his prescription so I ended up standing in line for an hour in the first to get it filled.

Your messaging did have a robot for the avatar so I assumed computer immediately.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Computer systems are so fun to interact with. I got to text back and forth with one for Madigan Pharmacy's "Get in line" system a couple weeks ago. It couldn't find his prescription so I ended up standing in line for an hour in the first to get it filled.

Your messaging did have a robot for the avatar so I assumed computer immediately.
I did this on my phone and it wouldn't allow me to zoom. I just noticed the robot icon πŸ˜‚ Bots πŸ‘Ž

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

You are so ahead of me. Box still sealed,lol

Latest posts