What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes ma'am which also apparently creates the ideal environment for growing mushrooms 🤣
IMG_20230222_122526771.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today I found the LAST pkg of seed I ordered - 1/26. Had wanted purple cauli -- a quirk, I know! But ya know how these things just haunt you 🤷 all places I looked were OUT...and if available $5-8 for 10 seed 😵‍💫 plus shipping. Rats! No way. The orange about the same. One night I am on line and find them -- $4.97, free ship, 300 seeds. 😁👍. I order. Then realize they're from Ukraine...30 days to receive.

Apparently it's a not so "rare" plant there because it came in a package just like our usual seeds from a rack - Yep, I'd say 300 seeds in there. :clap I am thankful they included a little printed info sheet because the entire package is a foreign language🤣

Glad I could support someone's business in a war torn country. 👍

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never seen it in a store here...even huge garden center ones. Only catalog and not all have it. I like cauli "ok" but, this was a pretty novelty one. Then a real challenge of sorts. :lol: I just want to see it grow.

One of the stores we hit sometimes gets the orange cauli in produce, too.

It's also where I can sometimes get the baby artichokes that are about 3 inches long so you can just cook and eat the whole thing as it's all tender with no choke. Only way hubby feels they are worth eating.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hope this picture comes out. I am not good at math, trust me. I buy my measuring tapes with all lines with numbers,lol
Anyways, I have to assess the measurements of the full garden but finally made a pencil picture of what I am planning. The carrots and potatoes will be above the ground because I had onions in that area last year and will have garlic on that area this year.
I plan for the beans and peas in the back so the trellises do not block the sun much. The sun comes up from the peas and beans side and sets back towards the raspberry bush and herbs box. I want another herb box but not sure. Got lavender but maybe will plant by the chickens. Will they eat lavender?
Everything besides the carrots, potatoes and herbs are going in the ground. Any advise?

16772134082683997581130353239448.jpg

Edited to add: Should I need to make any changes?

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
checked the mouse traps and emptied a few of them. poor creatures. put them out on the snow/ice to the south and they were gone when i checked a little bit ago.

it was a hazard to try to walk on the snow with a layer of ice on top, but i took the shovel with me to lean on (which is a risk that i may fall anyways and make things worse by having a shovel to complicate the falling and landing zones).

i did shovel out a bit of the end of the driveway where it was ice and slush as i didn't want it to set up like a rock wall tonight if it gets cold.

light snow forecast tonight and tomorrow. nothing that would stop me from going out. just plan extra time and take time driving. keep all eyes peeled for others and critters.

Last edited: