What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
still planting, perhaps another week to go depending upon how much i can get done in the mornings. watering, then planting... also there's a good chance most of what i'm planting now may become deer fodder but even if that happens i'm ok with it because i have to weed these gardens anyways. some might survive and be a cover crop or even give me a harvest of some kinds. won't know until it happens... :)

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Noticed the shar daddy peas and the sweet peas are sprouting. Outcome unknown. Did took the time to put under a light in a cell,lol
On my way to BYC chickenstock. Hope is not too hot like last year.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did some watering of the garden while I was giving the critters fresh water this morning. Dripping wet by the time I came back in - even this early.

Temp is 83 and humidity 92%. Makes for a real feel of 96degrees. It's barely 8am...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i weeded some and picked gravel out of the garden as much as i could, but mostly realised that i needed to water this area before i was going to have much of a chance of getting it planted, so that was done and then i was done and ready for brunch.

will go out and give some things a bit of water and that is all i want to do. :) sounds perfect to me...

Last edited:

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I mowed down some grass and picked a few weeds before watering again. I finally just watered by hand. It's so dry around the garden I need every inch of water that the sprinkler throws out of the garden. Or do it by hand then put the sprinkler in the pasture, then the yard. I was going to put the sprinkler on the 2 hr timer later but there was a chance of rain overnight. Now it's morning and the extra 2 hours wouldn't have hurt.