What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Only one place to grow and that's up. All the rain we've gotten, I'm sure will help them grow some.
Screenshot_20240515_223214_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i set up the rat trap hoping to get a rather persistent and pesky chipmunk, watered the tiny garden i planted. then i fixed things and buried other things and then weeded parts of several gardens so it looks a bit nicer out there now than it did before.

rains due tonight and tomorrow so i can R-n-R aka frog around.

LaurenRitz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Not garden precisely, but I gathered up dry grass and piled it in the broody coop. When I get a chance I'll put live grass in there, so it looks like a comfy place to nest. The broody and her chicks will go in the coop tonight, while the other broody will go in the broody box.

Not much to do in the garden today. Still watching things come up and wondering when I should replant. 21 of 25 squash sets are up. I counted 18 watermelon the other day. I expect half or more will die before they fruit. I keep telling myself I should only adapt plants to one stressor at a time, then I jump in with both feet and go cold-heat-drought-clay all in the same year.

I know better, but I do it anyway.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Set up sixth bed tonight (all 4'×4'). Little bit of everything coming up. Will get the materials to build my cages over the weekend and hopefully get the three open beds planted. I have materials to make 3 more beds or I can use it to make flower beds in the front of the house

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I should clone my cat for you! She ate a ground squirrel from my garden yesterday. She left behind the skull and *EIGHT* fetuses. Not good eating? Too much bone? Such a good kitten! :love:

it goes in cycles here, we have some years where there aren't many around and the semi-feral or feral kitties keep after them and other years where we get overrun by them. i'd say this is going to be a busy year so far from what i've been seeing.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i did see some squash seeds had sprouted in one of the gardens. they weren't intentionally planted by me and i don't want those growing so i did remove them before they could take over. the soil is getting warm enough to sprout pretty much everything if the squash are coming up.