What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like to grow Amish paste tomatoes more so than any other type of tomato, they are open pollinated and 75-85 days to maturity. They have a not so strong acid taste that I prefer raw and when they are cooked is when they really come alive.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Have you tried growing Burpee's Super Sauce or Gladiator? Both are Romas.
I don't think i have tried either of those...
I like to grow Amish paste tomatoes more so than any other type of tomato, they are open pollinated and 75-85 days to maturity. They have a not so strong acid taste that I prefer raw and when they are cooked is when they really come alive.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Pretty sure I have tried that one and liked it.

Manda_Rae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A little weeding added soil to the strawberry bed. Blocked it off from the chickens. The stinky buggers were digging in it!

Attachments

• 20220413_183240.jpg
    20220413_183240.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 65

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:epI actually planted seed! :celebrateit has begun.

After moving around I realized I had a sore, leg/hip and it hurt to walk. 🤷 Stayed home. But didn't want to waste a day so went to the garden and did some work on my hands and knees. Not a lot but, direct sowed some sweet corn, zucchini and crookneck squash. Then set up for some more seeds to go in tomorrow...if I can still walk. 😁.

came in about 2 and realized it was hot!! 84 outside and 75 inside. Turned on some ceiling fans...had some water and some Motrin. 🤞

Manda_Rae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:epI actually planted seed! :celebrateit has begun.

After moving around I realized I had a sore, leg/hip and it hurt to walk. 🤷 Stayed home. But didn't want to waste a day so went to the garden and did some work on my hands and knees. Not a lot but, direct sowed some sweet corn, zucchini and crookneck squash. Then set up for some more seeds to go in tomorrow...if I can still walk. 😁.

came in about 2 and realized it was hot!! 84 outside and 75 inside. Turned on some ceiling fans...had some water and some Motrin. 🤞
I wish I could sow seeds outside. It's supposed to drop back down to the 40s this weekend 😩
Hubby says possible snow flurries next week 😭

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish I could sow seeds outside. It's supposed to drop back down to the 40s this weekend 😩
Hubby says possible snow flurries next week 😭
Same!! You are a warmer zone than me but I feel your pain.

Moved some soil around yesterday afternoon to level out the new bed. Today I will pick up some peat moss and garden soil and mox it in with cardboard about 4 inches deep.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, my! Snow!?! I'm so sorry. :hide 😶

Winds are my only concern today. They say we "could/might" get close on one more frost...I'm not concerned. It's usually upper 60s to mid 70s now, so a little warm this week being low 80s. But, it won't last. 😊. So I can still work some seed in, while waiting for the heavy heat loving plants....but some are starting in a cold frame. Rains tonight so fresh seeds will be happy. Hard part was to remind myself that it really is still cooler and I can still seed -- peas, cabbage. Etc. Weather mind blowers!

Leg is functioning today, with careful endeavors. Those muscles/tendons are calming down, that I obviously twisted. Payback is hell. I'll be fine.😁. The smile on my face as seeds turn to plants will make it all seem worthwhile to work with this annoyance & plant. Time to get back out there!