What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I actually went in the garden to inspect and see if the beets came up and they did so I raked hay off of the row so they can come on up. I'll lay the hay back down the row when I thin and they get big enough.

Most of the cabbages took hold and are putting on new growth. Where the garden is low it's very wet and the cabbages leaves are purple but they are still alive and surprised also putting on new green growth. It's about time to thin them to one, instead of two which they are now. Then dress them with well rounded fertilizer (10/10/10 or 12/12/12). Mulch them in well and let them do their thing.

I'm just thankful for no rabbits in the garden this year. They would have eaten every last cabbage and I know they would have. I have high hopes for green beans this year with no rabbits in the garden.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would really like to get peppers and tomatoes set out in the garden. They are hardened off and ready to go. But I can't set them out with the weather guessers guessing 33 degrees. I really don't want to have to drag 8 flats inside again. I would really like a green house but I would be OK with a high tunnel. Perhaps one of these days...

Screenshot_20220415-201254~2.png

Last edited:

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
t
I would really like to get peppers and tomatoes set out in the garden. They are hardened off and ready to go. But I can't set them out with the weather guessers guessing 33 degrees. I really don't want to have to drag 8 flats inside again. I would really like a green house but I would be OK with a high tunnel. Perhaps one of these days...

View attachment 18739

that one night throws a wrench in the whole plan!

I would love a high tunnel too, someday sooner than later I hope. I already "planted the seed" in DH"s head, lol

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Was out in my garden today. After the haunting realization of work to come out there, it occurred to me that I have two of the hand held propane torches for weeds!! Since none of the seed has sprouted yet I went out there and blasted anything that even looked like growing any where near my plantings! 👍😁🤣. I feel vindicated, relieved and proud I had bought some propane jugs a few weeks ago. :lol: :old

Now I'm looking at the slightly mangled bale's of mulch hay the goat kids have been using as a playground. I want to put them over the fence into garden area. Need tractor but it's being used to help with gas tank lift for fuel pump replacement. Far more important! I have several rolls of weed block, plastic, etc, I can move by hand and with wind prob won't get to doing anything with for a while.....that's ok.

Some cooking shows reminded me of why I think it's worth the work of a garden. That said, I'm sure there will be more pity parties along the way. :hide 😌🤭

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got the itch, the itch to plant. Still too cold for transplants but my plastic overed beds are so warm but yet it isn't even 40 here. I got the itch....lol. Going to have to up pot tomatoes this week and then move some herbs into their pots. Won't have anywhere to put them....gotta get creative.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
D
I got the itch, the itch to plant. Still too cold for transplants but my plastic overed beds are so warm but yet it isn't even 40 here. I got the itch....lol. Going to have to up pot tomatoes this week and then move some herbs into their pots. Won't have anywhere to put them....gotta get creative.
Same! My tomatoes are leggy so I need to pot up to fix them. Only thing stopping me is space 😣

Latest posts