Therapy session completed

Attachments

• 20220709_122406.jpg
    20220709_122406.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 60

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
7 squash. 9 zucs and one asian eggplant. Exactly what I needed! 🙄. Not today.

Hundreds of tiny beans...tiny now! Then, wham!! 🤣. They grow faster than ya think.

Excited to have a couple tomatoes that are just starting to change color. My plum type but, hey, I slice and eat!! Dehydrated a few last yr and yummy to snack on. Doing more this year! Plus they're a time saver making soups, casseroles, etc. Store well.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i like raw zucchini cut into chunks or strips. as long as they aren't from fruits that have gotten too big. with or without ranch dip.

starting to see some beans and pea pods from the earliest planted garden. tomatoes have some fruits up to about tennis ball size already - i think the plants really like the garden they got put in this season. :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wonder if cattle like squash? Probably have to cut it into strips. They sure like cabbage and beet greens. I go easy, I don't want them to bloat.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Around here I've seen broken up pumpkins tossed in with cattle so I'm assuming they like them.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I gave up on planting corn. I'll save the seed for next year. More summer squash can go in. If I tarp it, I can get some well into fall.

Im sitting outside at 11:30am and it's only 67°. I think this will be one of those years without a real summer. We can frost as early as mid September and then it will warm again. I keep big tarps for that.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, you ut tars over the garden when it is winter? Just asking. I think in Michigan this year will begin to get in the 50's around October, 🤔 😀

Did some cleaning but got hot too fast. Had the mama and babies with me in the garden to make sure the others will not bother them. They too shade under the raspberry bush,lol
So Cleaned between head lettuce and the Broccoli.
20220709_115605.jpg
And between the Broccoli and the marigolds.
20220709_115617.jpg
And around the peppers and part of one side of the lettuce.
20220709_115549.jpg20220709_115540.jpg

By the way, received today the green onion seeds. Should I plant near the other onions? Well, in its own frame.

Is there something I can put to stop that crab grass gro? They are coming through the straw.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
By the way, received today the green onion seeds. Should I plant near the other onions? Well, in its own frame.

plant them where you know you can leave them alone until the middle of next summer (if you want seeds) other than thinning/watering/weeding.

Is there something I can put to stop that crab grass gro? They are coming through the straw.

a few overlapping cardboard layers is my standard answer for weed smothering, but better is to head them off before they get very big by using a stirrup hoe and my large knife.

in a new garden area or where you've disturbed the garden soil you may get more sprouts coming up but after a few years you should see less of certain weeds sprouting and the less you disturb the soil the less you're moving seeds around. some weed seeds are so tiny that just walking on them or picking up a bit of dirt can spread them around.

my goal has always been to do as little work as possible to get decent results. sometimes i learn even better ways of doing things. :) when i have to really get a garden restored because it has been taken over by weeds i'll dig deep enough holes to bury the top layer of the garden soil in so that if i dig in that area again for any reason i'm not disturbing those seeds. some plants do take more than one round of effort to get rid of. crab grass is actually not too bad compared to quack grass, horsetail or several of the thistles.

Latest posts