What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I
@Dreamz if they are bunching onions, I personally would plant about 2 inches apart. I had to thin out onions (or anything for that matter) as I don't want to 'waste' any of the seed and want to get the best produce
I planted only 15 seeds 3 inches apart.
Keeping it moist but they said will rain tonight :eek:

Just taking a breather to get my BP down some. Spent all day in the computer and the cell phone, searching forms, printing forms,yuck! Unsure if glad I am not a lawyer or that I should have been one,:lol:

Received this afternoon these peas. It says that I can plant in late summer for a fall thingy, sorry I forgot. Oh, got it, for a fall harvest. Jeepers! I like the Sweet peas in a can and this is what I was told it was.
20220711_172059.jpg

Worry about the seeds. No seeds I plant comes to life, not one

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bunching onions are green onions you see wrapped in rubber bands at the grocery store. They grow to be about the size of your pinky to index finger.

Have look here

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Yes, those are the ones I seeded this morning. I get them at Walmart and put them in a cup with water by the sink window and they last me a while. Tried putting them on gound and died, darn Walmart! Lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bunching onions are green onions you see wrapped in rubber bands at the grocery store. They grow to be about the size of your pinky to index finger.

Have look here

This is full of info. Thank you. However, I am in West michigan and winters can be brutal. Do I cover them with 6mil plastic?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Sunday morning's plot inspection by the girls made me smile. My youngest asked why I didn't have taters. She was okay with my reasons, but said when she was younger she loved potatoes freshly dug from the garden. And both of them wanted peas. Lol.

Watered tonight. Looking good after Saturday's dirt therapy session. Cherry tomatoes are starting to crank out the green fruit. Peppers are slowly coming on, but the plants are looking good.

Hopefully we will be feasting on yellow squash by the weekend.

And.... I spied little green beans tonight.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife struck this time :) 4 cabbages and some zucchinis, in trade for cucumbers for sweet pickle relish 😋

I have another guy coming for cabbages later today. Hopefully he'll take them all and I can get in there weed wack and till up for fall/winter sowing.