What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ya'll are a trip! I have none of that. A little from Texas but not much. I belong nowhere,lol My sister asked me the other day about what am I going to do when she dies. Didsay much but honestly will sell everything because I am not going back to Puerto Rico. Just to visit but if she is gone, will have no reason to visit.

Pero si desean, hablo un Español casi perfecto como el de Andalucia, :lol: of course, the strong enunciation of the "z" cannot be noted in writing, lol Has anyone been to Spain? Or any other country outside of the US?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
And tonight's garden pix....radishes sprouting, cukes blooming, and squash/zucchini almost ready.

Had a great 3 hour rain shower, the garden looked too perfect to trudge through it

20220713_194516.jpg
20220713_194325.jpg
20220713_194205.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've had some rain almost every or every other day for week or so....same for next 7-10 days. So watering not an issue 😁. But re-establishing grass is! 🙄. Anyway, 2 days not in there gave me some slightly too big zucs, I'll stuff and bake. Plus I found a few beans, looking at what's to come. With bloom and rain, end of July I'll be canning!

raw(16).jpg
raw(12).jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
2 72 cell flats each of Brunswick Cabbage and Long Island Improved Brussel Sprouts. They are about ready to start being hardened off. I'm looking for some overcast/rainy days. If I start hardening on a sunny days even if they are in the shade, they probably will get burned up. Tricky hardening off seedlings during the life of summer, it is.

I know they say expose them to gradually increased sunlight daily. But who wants to go through the hassle of carrying 4 trays inside, then back outside every day? Not me.
IMG_20220714_113116076~3.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Had plans for today, then thought of a better plan, but did none of them, :lol:

So, I watered while let the chickens out since yesterday I was gone most of the day. I think I am doing something wrong with the tomatoes. A few here and there but all green still and some of the plants are huge. Should I had trimmed them?The peppers are still going. Have no clue about the Spanish sweet onions?
20220714_085002.jpg
The Broccoli is almost a foot tall but no Broccoli.
20220714_084932.jpg
The leaf lettuce is going strong. Time to pull some out. So, I pulled and left only a bit on each. Rinse them out and made about 10 zip lock bags and drove around giving them out from the post office ladies, the gas station, the nice receptionist at the physical therapy I used to go to all the way to my friends from church. Lol.
20220714_084920.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Had plans for today, then thought of a better plan, but did none of them, :lol:

So, I watered while let the chickens out since yesterday I was gone most of the day. I think I am doing something wrong with the tomatoes. A few here and there but all green still and some of the plants are huge. Should I had trimmed them?The peppers are still going. Have no clue about the Spanish sweet onions?
View attachment 19531
The Broccoli is almost a foot tall but no Broccoli.
View attachment 19532
The leaf lettuce is going strong. Time to pull some out. So, I pulled and left only a bit on each. Rinse them out and made about 10 zip lock bags and drove around giving them out from the post office ladies, the gas station, the nice receptionist at the physical therapy I used to go to all the way to my friends from church. Lol.
View attachment 19534
Everything is looking healthy 👍 I used to prune tomatoes both bush and vine types. But I never really seen any advantages. So I stopped pruning and now I just let them do their thing.

Huge tomato plants with no flowers or tomatoes is the result of over fertilizing, mainly nitrogen. If that's your case, then stop fertilizing, feed only water and be patient.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score