What did you do in your garden today?

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i can't imagine going through life not eating onions. there's only one aspect of onions i've found that i do not like and that is the smell of chive roots. something about those makes me gag if i have to dig them up. the top parts i can eat just fine. strange to me...

love onions. would not want to be stuck in a place where i couldn't get onion rings, or have chopped raw onions on burgers or hot dogs, or to not have scallions on soups, etc.

almost everything we make that has more than a few ingredients likely starts with chopped onions.
Me too... I LOVE all the onions! Chives too, and chive flowers.

:drool

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had some volunteer tomatoes come up in the last few weeks. Not expecting anything from them.

Only thing that has done well is the millet I planted. Thats just starting to flower so I should get some ripe seed heads before the rains come back. It's not a lot as it was a test planting. If it does well I'll plant a large section next year. Silkies like millet even if the large fowl don't care much for it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Weed wacked out 4 rows. I really miss my little rear discharge mulching push mower, it was great for in-between rows. But I gave mine away to my son in law. I guess I'll need to see if I can find another one. But for now line trimmer works ok.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not much the last couple days, in kind of a waiting period. I have onions and potatoes that will need to be harvested in a few days to a week. Lots of winter squash coming and getting closer to harvest. Paste tomatoes finally turning and Lemon Boys are slowing down. Raspberries set a bunch of flowers so the fall harvest should be decent. Green beans are still flowering.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
weeding and other maintenance tasks as i can get to them. most gardens are in decent condition so it's just cleaning up and keeping up when the weather is cooperative. today is supposed to be pretty warm later so i'm not sure i'll get much done out there.

overnight lows for two nights (Thur and Fri) forecast to be down to 51F and 53F in August! peppers probably won't like this at all.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
weeding and other maintenance tasks as i can get to them. most gardens are in decent condition so it's just cleaning up and keeping up when the weather is cooperative. today is supposed to be pretty warm later so i'm not sure i'll get much done out there.

overnight lows for two nights (Thur and Fri) forecast to be down to 51F and 53F in August! peppers probably won't like this at all.
I cleaned out the veggie freezer after the garden got going. Most the of old frozen diced and sliced peppers I threw out, were labeled September and October dates.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
we just had these temps at night. felt good! but I am sure not all the veggies loved it and the chickens were huddled up together :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220810-094221_Gallery.jpg

Latest posts