What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good neighbors are such a blessing, but bad neighbors can make life miserable. hope you will get through this ok.

the light issue i'm not sure about, but basically consider it rude to have a bright light that is visible past the property boundaries. plus i'm also a big fan of dark skies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't do anything in the garden today. But farm babe has the house smelling so good with tomato puree cooking down on the stove. Something about garden fresh tomatoes stewing that I really like. Usually I would be out watching Cow TV right about now. But I can't get myself past the heavenly aroma, to go outside 😂

Can you smell it? I know you can't but you can imagine 😁
IMG_20221002_174434668.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dang, uncooperative neighbors stink. Why we don't have any on our property lines except DHs parents. Sorry you have to muddle through this.
He had the nerves as usual to tell me that I am allowed only 5 chickens and for all the animals I have I needed 5 acres and he goes to town meetings. He is bluffing as usual. The township never surveyed his property but I paid 2800 to have mine done by a stated certified surveyor. He said I was 1ft over his property on the back. In reality, it was 3 inches. However on the front, he is over 2ft into mine. He told me then if I wanted he could remove the fence and I said no, I cannot even plant a tomato plant in there but at least he knows he is over mine. My fence went up and left 2ft from my property line so I can do any fixing and still be in my property. He took his cattle fence out and put bird feeders right on the line of my property. They do not watch birds. It's about me having chickens and should attract avian flu. His poor wife with a face that she wanted the whole earth to swallow her right there yesterday.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
good neighbors are such a blessing, but bad neighbors can make life miserable. hope you will get through this ok.

the light issue i'm not sure about, but basically consider it rude to have a bright light that is visible past the property boundaries. plus i'm also a big fan of dark skies.
He has pitbulls. My poultry will not do a thing if there is something or someone in my yard. The post was there by the electric company and just asked a light towards the back of my house. Do not get me wrong but there are heavy curtains for that and I am willing to buy them but with a guy like that, I will be doing to much to ask my friends to pray for him. Their porch is in the front anyways.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh my - sorry you're having to deal with a person who has such anger issues!
The worse is that that attitude is what he is teaching his children. He has no clue about conflict resolution. Please do not get me wrong but I smell it since the beginning but as a believer, I have to be patient. I have had what they call, again no offense here,just conversation, real red necks, white people even from trailer parks and they have always treated me with respect. The same with color people. I am not a first impression person and everyone keeps me at a space but once they know the real me, never had a problem. And I can be very, very opinionated. However, I am also patient and listen to learn. Some have a better life than me and some worse than me. I will never put a banner on my house nor my car about any political association. That is my right and it is private. Don't even get in political conversations unless it us about Puerto Rico because the story is different behind the ocean wall. I do not try to win people or try for anyone to like me. I am not a 100 dollar bill anyways. I know you guys understand my frustration. He, whatever but his kids to learn to be like him, that saddens me.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well. I might get some ladies for a naked backyard party. 🤔
It will be inside my property 😈

Nah, I will just check and of I see that, I will call the authorities make a complaint of invasion of privacy. I am mainly alone in my yard at 530am so whn the animals get up,they can begin their day. I am easy going.