What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picked some grape tomatoes, raspberries and strawberries. Watered really good. Tomorrow I pick the last of the tomatoes with any color and all the peppers.
My wife put the last pints of tomato puree in the water bather, did a little jig and said yeah the tomatoes are done for the year. I picked up a half ripe one off the counter and said well that all depends because there's still a bunch out there that look like this 😂 then I grabbed this jar off the counter and said and there a whole lot more that look just these out there.
IMG_20221002_204457998.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He has pitbulls. My poultry will not do a thing if there is something or someone in my yard. The post was there by the electric company and just asked a light towards the back of my house. Do not get me wrong but there are heavy curtains for that and I am willing to buy them but with a guy like that, I will be doing to much to ask my friends to pray for him. Their porch is in the front anyways.

I'll pray for the family.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He had the nerves as usual to tell me that I am allowed only 5 chickens and for all the animals I have I needed 5 acres and he goes to town meetings. He is bluffing as usual. The township never surveyed his property but I paid 2800 to have mine done by a stated certified surveyor. He said I was 1ft over his property on the back. In reality, it was 3 inches. However on the front, he is over 2ft into mine. He told me then if I wanted he could remove the fence and I said no, I cannot even plant a tomato plant in there but at least he knows he is over mine. My fence went up and left 2ft from my property line so I can do any fixing and still be in my property. He took his cattle fence out and put bird feeders right on the line of my property. They do not watch birds. It's about me having chickens and should attract avian flu. His poor wife with a face that she wanted the whole earth to swallow her right there yesterday.
Song birds aren't vectors for this bird flu

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I picked 4 more tomatoes this morning (when I actually went for a gun, and also grabbed laundry) out of the camper today. I think it was 4 or 5 I picked yesterday after getting home that I brought in as well. I'm going to keep these 3 plants inside and see how long I can keep my fresh tomatoes going.
Side note it is time to plant inside tomatoes to have some for lunch from well now until the gardens outside can produce again.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful day. Apologies for all the drama I downloaded yesterday to you guys. But did go to the township twice this morning. End results, I sit on a grandfathered 1.5 acre that was once 20 acres before zoning. Therefore, it is zoned A10, Agricultural land meaning I can have any livestock I want with no limits. I can live with that which is better than I expected. If I make reports to authorities, they might grant me to put a higher fence on that side. Hoping it all stops for good anyways. At least I am following the proper authorities.

Then let the kids out to play while I removed the posts of all the tomato and pepper plants. Gathered 5 more peppers. I thought they had frozen last night,lol
Tomorrow will begin to till all those plants and moved them to the gound right there, put some compost and egg shells I have been collecting and cover with straw for the winter. Hope that works. Thank you so much for teaching me so much. And sorry that I ask a lot,lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful day. Apologies for all the drama I downloaded yesterday to you guys. But did go to the township twice this morning. End results, I sit on a grandfathered 1.5 acre that was once 20 acres before zoning. Therefore, it is zoned A10, Agricultural land meaning I can have any livestock I want with no limits. I can live with that which is better than I expected. If I make reports to authorities, they might grant me to put a higher fence on that side. Hoping it all stops for good anyways. At least I am following the proper authorities.

Then let the kids out to play while I removed the posts of all the tomato and pepper plants. Gathered 5 more peppers. I thought they had frozen last night,lol
Tomorrow will begin to till all those plants and moved them to the gound right there, put some compost and egg shells I have been collecting and cover with straw for the winter. Hope that works. Thank you so much for teaching me so much. And sorry that I ask a lot,lol

I would tell you a little story about one of my friends in North Carolina. Who used to live on a one lane dirt road and was surrounded on all four sides by farm fields. But now my friend lives on a 2 lane highway, sounded by subdivisions and he never moved.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lady here down by Olympia lives and works her family farm that's been there over 100 years. Subdivision was put in next to the large farm. They complained and harassed her about having cattle in the big pasture on that side of the farm. She said fine and switched them with the pigs she had on the other side.

You don't harass farms or shooting ranges here. State looks down heavily on that and will punish the morons in the subdivisions.

Shooting range down the road here was being constantly harrassed by such idiots several years ago after a developer put in a subdivision against the range property. Range has been there since the 1920s or something when it was farmland. They were also harrassing the police shooting range. County passed law basically saying "Suck it up. You knew there was a range there when you bought the place. If you harass them anymore, we'll arrest you for harassment." Law has survived just fine. One homeowner went to jail because they tried to claim their house was shot. All ranges shoot other directions and the angle of entry for the bullet was from inside the backyard. Well now that's manufacturing false evidence. Firing a handgun in a residential area. False reporting.

Latest posts