What did you do in your garden today?

Reneefolsom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have question for somebody. I order and planted 3 berry plants this year. Not sure if it's a bad spot where I planted them or my because of my chickens keep getting into that area but they aren't doing very good..anyway I want to move them . I'm in zone 7 when is the best time to move them.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have question for somebody. I order and planted 3 berry plants this year. Not sure if it's a bad spot where I planted them or my because of my chickens keep getting into that area but they aren't doing very good..anyway I want to move them . I'm in zone 7 when is the best time to move them.
as soon as they are dormant, I believe, then you can move them this fall. Or you can wait until spring, not sure when that is for you-maybe Feb-ish? Here in zone 4b, I would be moving them in the next two weeks or not until April

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

as soon as they are dormant, I believe, then you can move them this fall. Or you can wait until spring, not sure when that is for you-maybe Feb-ish? Here in zone 4b, I would be moving them in the next two weeks or not until April
I'm in zone 6B or 7 can't decide. But I have fruit trees coming that according to the nursery have to be completely dormant before they can ship from northern Georgia which is zone 6B or 7 also. They are due to arrive the middle of January. I do plan on setting the out as soon as they arrive. Hope this helps.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Reneefolsom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm in zone 6B or 7 can't decide. But I have fruit trees coming that according to the nursery have to be completely dormant before the can ship. They are due to arrive the middle of January. I do plan on setting the out as soon as they arrive. Hope this helps.

Thank you..

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Procrastination mixed with lethargy is my symptoms,lol I have done nothing in the garden but removed the posts. Chickens have been having a blast there for sure. In 2 weeks need to have 2 beds ready for garlic and onions. A friend from BYC gave me Walking Egyptian onions. Never seen them in my life but in pictures on the internet. They look interesting,lol
But have been laughing so hard just now. Hub made a small coop inside the run with a 200 bucks automatic door. However, the big roo, Pitbull have been behaving and leaving the big mammas alone and not hurting them. So they are all in the big coop, so I have a full house tonight. I guess Pitbull thought, better to be in the big coop rather than the small coop,lol

2CAA8EE7F348_1665011956306.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Dreamz I have a guess on which lovely lady you are but what if I am wrong.....lol

Nothing in the garden, it is at a standstill. Not much left to harvest but strawberries and raspberries in the big garden and carrot and lettuce in the boxes on the deck. I will be covering their hoops with plastic today and tomorrow to make low tunnels, hopefully it keeps the frost out. Should I lay a light towel over top just in case? Or will the plastic be enough?
I will give only 3 hints. I am wearing black, wearing boots, and wearing glasses.
:lol: :lol: ;):lol::lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm currently watering the brussels and cabbage. Latter season rains will come, just don't know when. Heavy morning dew helps, but the soil is dry. Cabbages and brussels need a good amount of water weekly to produce. Fall gardens are harder. Sometimes they produce, other times not. Don't know unless I try. Hoping for sauerkraut and fresh brussel sprouts though.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I will give only 3 hints. I am wearing black, wearing boots, and wearing glasses.
:lol: :lol: ;):lol::lol:
I knew it! The cutest one in the bunch ;)

Last nice before the big cold spell. Inhave green raspberries and strawberries on the plants so tomorrow I need to find all the extra sheets. I also have lettuce about 5 inches high so I need to cover and plastic up. Going to see how far into the fall and winter I can go!