What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
something call loofiah (sp) (not sure what it's for but its climbing the fence. I was toad it's a girl thing so I didn't inquire any further)
Luffa is an elongated squash -- can be eaten when young -- that is allowed to grow and dry (think beans grown for drying & shelling). Once dried, you peel off the outer "shell" and you have a cell structure like a porous sponge inside. Knock out seeds, etc. used for facial scrub, etc. I used to sell with my homemade goat soap. 😉

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
More weeding this morning! I have hope! :gig

I identified the beneficial weed ground over that showed up this year. It's creeping veronica. I like her! Beautiful weed suppression. I'll probably move some to my landscaping near my house.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Luffa is an elongated squash -- can be eaten when young -- that is allowed to grow and dry (think beans grown for drying & shelling). Once dried, you peel off the outer "shell" and you have a cell structure like a porous sponge inside. Knock out seeds, etc. used for facial scrub, etc. I used to sell with my homemade goat soap. 😉

Also work well for dishes if you're growing your own. Just toss in the compost when done with it. Can make the pieces whatever size you desire when you cut it up.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter sounds like rains have you waiting to plant more. I went through that last month and actually retilled because of it. Monday I got a lot done. Hot & rain Tues, job wanted me anyway. Yesterday I said this is MY day to hustle before more rain.:th:old so I did all my old body would allow :lol: feels good today. Garden looks good. I'm not done but, well on the way. Didn't do any garden last year & not letting it go this year.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not going into the vegetable gardens...into the flower beds I was going to prep this fall and populate next Spring (plans, what plans?). Wife loves the scent of these.

received_2399739850209265.jpeg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter sounds like rains have you waiting to plant more. I went through that last month and actually retilled because of it. Monday I got a lot done. Hot & rain Tues, job wanted me anyway. Yesterday I said this is MY day to hustle before more rain.:th:old so I did all my old body would allow :lol: feels good today. Garden looks good. I'm not done but, well on the way. Didn't do any garden last year & not letting it go this year.
Good on you :)

Yes, its been a very wet spring. I actually broke the tiller belt last week tilling the heavy garden soil. It'll be several days without rain before I can till again.

I'm on break one more 50' row to go. I'm having to pull my boots out of the mud with my arm and leg both because I can't do it with just my leg with out my boots coming off. Who needs a gym membership? :lol:

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
All assembled beds are planted and covered. Planted sweet peppers, eggplant, red beets, romaine lettuce, pak Choi, lima beans.

In a rectangle planter, more oat/cat grass and cat nip.

Also, the rose and a purple butterfly bush.

3 more garden beds to go.

20240518_184759.jpg