What did you do to be/become more self-reliant today?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Be sure to take your vitamins and minerals, they really help.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks.

I've found that prenatal vitamins work great on women that aren't pregnant.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Finished my new asparagus bed. I put down 3 inches thick of wood shavings for mulch. I don't want to EVER weed it. The asparagus bed that came with this property was choked out by weeds. (I didn't know that was possible.)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I sold some things for profit. I want an asparagus bed myself...it's on my wish list for the garden.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need to transplant my peppers and tomatoes into something bigger since it will be awhile before I can put them in the ground. The leaves are also getting some kind of insect damage. I need to get on that now!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Insect damage already? What kind of starter soil did you use?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I sold some things for profit. I want an asparagus bed myself...it's on my wish list for the garden.

I've read that asparagus seed doesn't start well, but that hasn't been my experience at all! I have found that yearling asparagus plants sell well at swap meets. Hubby was put out that sold them all last year. :silly: I will probably start another batch to sell next year. I used thick wood shavings mulch after the seedlings popped up, and only weeded once before mulching. It's almost no work at all and yearling plants sell for $1 each!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was able to finally harvest a little bit of asparagus this year; we are having it steamed for dinner with a pork roast. Yum!

Latest posts