What did you do to MAKE money today?

Big_White

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:woot I made a little extra gas money hauling some scrap off to the junkyard. Not much but every bit helps

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Big_White said:
:woot I made a little extra gas money hauling some scrap off to the junkyard. Not much but every bit helps
I did the same thing ;)

keenecowboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Gathered and packaged 14 doz eggs for our local Co-op store. We sold 45 doz in the first two weeks of Jan. We get our sale results two weeks late.
We sell our eggs for 2.40 a doz and net 2.16 the Co-op takes 10%

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
keenecowboy said:
Gathered and packaged 14 doz eggs for our local Co-op store. We sold 45 doz in the first two weeks of Jan. We get our sale results two weeks late.
We sell our eggs for 2.40 a doz and net 2.16 the Co-op takes 10%
Nice!

keenecowboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Found a local source for some organic pullets ready to start laying. This could possibly help increase egg sales and up prices. Also may be able to purchase his leftover feed at a reduced price. In order to restart their production they clean out the hen house.

stubbornhillfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
keenecowboy said:
Found a local source for some organic pullets ready to start laying. This could possibly help increase egg sales and up prices. Also may be able to purchase his leftover feed at a reduced price. In order to restart their production they clean out the hen house.
Wow what a great score! Do you have a space to keep them separated from your current flock for 30 days to make sure that they are healthy? Sounds like you have a great egg business going on there! :)

keenecowboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yes, I have the barn divided into stalls from the horses, makes it easy to keep them apart.
Since these are certified organic, i don't think there will be a problem but will keep them apart anyway.
I am starting to look for other outlets for the eggs.
:)

keenecowboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Didn't make any but save a few dollars.
I received a discount coupon from Honda for an in cabin air filter. Didn't even know there was one. Did a little investigation and found yes, there is an in cabin air filter. I bought the car used in 2005 and never had it changed, and now i know why they (shops) don't even suggest replacement.
It is behind the glove box. Well after a couple of views youtube i started to take the old one out. A few !@#^&^^* and two hours later i had it replaced.
OK, WHAT DID I SAVE.
Dealer ship $ 30.00 for the filter and 50 to replace.

Home repair
Filter Advance Auto 30.00 less a discount coupon net 17.00
Labor $0 my time

Total savings 63.00 so I guess I got paid 31.50 / hr.
:weee Next time I should get in done 30 to 45 min.

stubbornhillfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
keenecowboy said:
Yes, I have the barn divided into stalls from the horses, makes it easy to keep them apart.
Since these are certified organic, i don't think there will be a problem but will keep them apart anyway.
I am starting to look for other outlets for the eggs.
:)
That is a great set up! I definately understand about trusting that the new hens are all healthy. You just never know and I for one would hate for your current healthy, profitable flock, to be endangered in any way. That would stink! Sounds like you have a great business going. If you think about all the little places that use eggs or sell eggs you will surely be able to make a bit of $$$ I am sure!

Latest posts