What did you do to MAKE money today?

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Made money, and saved money. Ebay has been good to me this week. :) Biked everywhere I needed to go this weekend and bartered for 1 cord of wood.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm taking a mean rabbit to the flea market this morning. Yesterday I sold some junk metal to some guy who pulled up out here. He acted like he was casing the place, then he saw the dog and she started growling and barking at him :lol: i think he probably changed his mind if he was thinking of coming back later :p She's only 90 pounds :hu

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
yesterday I sold more chikins :D I am now back down to just my Delaware's...and moms EE pullet, but I can tell her eggs apart anyway. ;) Today....off to the scrap yard with a load of steel.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I joined a Superpoints website (my referral link is in my signature ;) ) about a month and a half ago, and today I got my first $25 deposited into my paypal account! I'm so excited that it actually worked. I don't do any of the offers, I just do my Superbutton clicks each day and have a few people under me doing the same thing so I get any points they get... YAY... I'm hoping to keep doing it all year and pay for Christmas with my daily clicks.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I got a $25 fuel card from MyPoints last week too :D

Today I sold 3 dozen hatching eggs, 100 tomato starts with an order for 100 more, and hauled off a load of steel :D I made a pretty good haul today! Couple hundred bucks, but I sure am exhausted :th I got a free 50 lb. bag of red potatoes, a 40 lb. box of sweet potatoes, 30 lbs. of grapefruit, and 10 lbs. of okra too :D Oh, and a new to me bread machine! I also picked up a free Ameracauna roo, and a goat buckling(not free)from my cousin to sell for her. May have him sold, not positive yet, but have a couple leads ;) I think that was it for today...so long of a day I can't remember everything!!!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sold 8 broilers a friend of mine gave me cuz she couldn't get the courage to slaughter them. Sold 10 sex-link chicks.....all males to the same customers......they just want their kids happy with some cute chicks for now, but later will want to eat, so they were happy and esp happy to not have to buy my more expensive pullets. And sold 2 dozen eggs to one of their friends who came along for the ride.
Not only did I make a little money, but I will save on feed and have a much larger % of female sex-links for my next customers.

whaTType

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm going to let them go through 1 bag of feed before i start the work.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I didn't do anything in particular. But I got a letter form the IRS today (thud, thud, thud, goes the heart!!) in which I was told that my math was wrong, and our refund would be $45 dollars ....... MORE!!! than I had calculated. So not really making money, but at least having a bit more than expected. Good to know that they are on their toes ... as obviously I am not.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And good to know that they're not holding that amount back!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, it was a good feeling to know that they are willing to correct a mistake even if not in their favor (and one that I obviously was unaware of). $45 isn't much, and certainly not for them, but there is a certain principle to the thing.