What did you do to save $ today?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yeah, that works. I do that with extra zucchini. Shred it, freeze it, then throw it in a bucket of hot water for them on cold days. They love their zucchini soup :D

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We finally got something from FIL that we really wanted and can use!!!

A FREEZER!!!! :weee

It arrived this morning!!!

I am too excited :ya :ya :ya :ya :ya :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :ya :ya :weee :bun :ya :weee :bun

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Is it a frostless or the type you need to defrost? I like the type I need to defrost once a year. Unless of course, the door gets accidently propped open over night or longer.....:idunno

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Harvested loads (literally my entire backseat) of enormous Swiss chard from a friend's garden. It was enough to put a nice bunch in each of 10 CSA shares distributed this afternoon, plus I have a mound on my deck. I will chop it up, stir-fry with garlic and onion and freeze for quiches all winter. Yay!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Harvested loads (literally my entire backseat) of enormous Swiss chard from a friend's garden. It was enough to put a nice bunch in each of 10 CSA shares distributed this afternoon, plus I have a mound on my deck. I will chop it up, stir-fry with garlic and onion and freeze for quiches all winter. Yay!
I had no idea I could do that. I have been getting tons of chard, but feeding it to my rabbits. :rolleyes:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Woo hoo! Is it a frostless or the type you need to defrost? I like the type I need to defrost once a year. Unless of course, the door gets accidently propped open over night or longer.....:idunno
I don't know. I've been too busy all day to read the pamphlet that came with it. :p

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
tortoise said:
me&thegals said:
I had no idea I could do that. I have been getting tons of chard, but feeding it to my rabbits. :rolleyes:
I think I posted the recipe about 70 times on this site :D It is so yummy, has ingredients we all have, and is super nutritious. Look up "Swiss chard quiche" or "Swiss chard pie," and enjoy!!

Yes, I freeze the greens, garlic and onions, then add the eggs, milk and cheese later. It's mainly a volume-storage room issue. I also freeze piles on cookie sheets, then dump into freezer bags. It's nice for adding a handful or 2 to soups all winter. Kale is also awesome for that.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We sold our Travel Trailer!!!!!!!!! :weee :weee :weee :weee :ya FINALLY DEBT FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got some money in the pockets to boot! WOOT! Next payment was supposed to be in 6 days, but NOW, it feels so good to NOT HAVE TO MAKE IT!! So ahem, we saved $306 a month for the next 34 months. I'm calm now :D Just had to et that out!

beerman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just took a 3rd job, all I need now is to figure out how to go without sleep for a few years until I remodel my house to sell it.
Ugggg.
Made $230 scrapping metal out of the house last 3 days, more money less crap in the house and garage woohooo