What did you do to save $ today?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I hauled in the first three xmas trees for the goats. Stopped to visit with the farmer, and found out that he plans to cut all the remaining trees in the field next to my pasture. He will leave them there for me to bring to the goats, a lot less hauling for me! Yay! They ate 48 trees last winter, and I have two (maybe three, depending on how long the buck is here) more goats this year.
You can feed Christmas trees to the goats?! Maybe I should do some trash picking of trees.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I only feed leftover trees, not ones that were in people's houses. I'm too afraid that they might've left a wire hook or something that will be very bad for my critters. But around here, many places leave their unsold trees in a pile for a bit until they get around to tossing them, so you can ask to pick them up. They are always thrilled not to have to haul them away themselves!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me Free. I'll check a few locations around here, maybe tomorrow. Too bad the cousin who we worked for for many, many years wouldn't give us his unsold trees :smack

seaar2000

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Washed clothes in cold water
Hung dry clothes
Turned heat down 1 degree (64)
Ate at home
Went to the book store and saw a book I like so wrote down the name of the book and author going to get it from the library
No spend day

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
alot of trees are sprayed with chemicals

your goats might "eat them slow"

I always get leftover trees from sellers
funny but some trees are eaten super fast, while others are nibbled on for a very long time to bring to skeleton bones lol

and don't worry, I have been feeding tons of leftover Xmas trees to the goats over 15 years now, and no one has every died from it......

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey Free!

and hiya, seaar2000!

to save money today i.... have deployed natural mice traps (the Insane Cat Posse)

made my own coffee

and we are not driving ANYWHERE. our gas is up to $3.18!

and i'm making dog food today.