What did you do to save $ today?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Oh, almost forgot, I made a pair of "fuzzy pants" yesterday with some fleece left over from a long-ago project. They are so warm!!! And snuggly! And basically free! Woohoo! Made 'em on my treadle machine, too. Wonder what that century-old base thought of the modern fleece fabric and the zigzag stitch of the "newer" machine.... :p I made a comfortable drawstring for them with a bit of rug binding (free from my parent's store leftovers) and I inserted a bit of elastic in the center of the string so it will tie but not too tight. I can wear the waist completely loose, quite snug, and everything in between. Got to see all the Superbowl commercials with dh while he watched the game, since I now have a silent machine, I sew in the livingroom in front of the tv. Sweet.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was bad today - went shopping. Got clothes, perfume, a nighty. Granted - everything I got was on sale, but still...

I did make dinner with leftovers twice this week. Does that count?

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I went in to work for bonus pay! twice this week! :lol:

Living the Simple Life

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is the most amazing blog. I had no idea there were so many people like me ~ who don't buy into the consumerism our society pushes, who believe that debt-free is true freedom and that believe in being self-reliant NOT govt-reliant! I am so happy to have found you all! I have loved reading the past 150+ pages and have gotten some great ideas.

Today I save money by being gifted with four brand new bottles of Avon Skin So Soft bath gel, ate breakfast at home (everyday occurance); brought my lunch; and we are eating out of the freezer for dinner.

Next week I am hoping to save BIG money. Aldi's is having a special buy on vinyl floor tiles ~ about 1/3 of the price at the flooring/big box stores. If I lay out the floors carefully, I should be able to do my kitchen, bath and entryway all for the same it would cost me just to do my kitchen. I am so hoping they have some decent looking options (since we are going to be selling soon, it just needs to look good, I don't have to like it!)

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome Living the Simple Life!

We're on a freezer burn kick right now too. That and we're just too darn busy to get to the store!