What did you do to save $ today?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
butter on PB sandwiches? never heard of that one, but then again, I don't like PB so it wouldn't surprise me..LOL

Tony loves PB. Good thing too cause when I get it cheap I stock up and it sure is an easy sandwich to make!

yea I hear you on the sale. I am going to do the same thing....something so small like butter. Doesn't take up alot of room and freezes great......me too, a years supply when on sale is a smart thing to do! :)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
His mom ate them the same way, so maybe it is a WI thing. I had never heard of it either until I met him.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
MC, how long is your mtge? We just bought this place last year and we have a blended mtge. the mtge on our last house was a 10 yr which we still hav 5 yrs left on. and then for the rest, we have a 5 yr, with the two blended.

My hubby know more about this, but I will mention it to him to check around. Would you recommend getting a 5 yr, 10yr or longer term?

The goverment did publicly announce that we are in a recession right now, so I guess tha makes a difference on how we look at things. Also who is your mtge through, if you don't mind me asking?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Since I found SS I have definetly become more aware! I am sure I am not the only one on here to do this...but, today my DD had her holiday shoppe at church for her class and I helped her shop...they had a pack of 8 candles for .25 so I had her get me those just so I could add them to my stash! I think .25 for 8 candles a little larger than votive candles still brand new in the package is a good deal!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
Since I found SS I have definetly become more aware! I am sure I am not the only one on here to do this...but, today my DD had her holiday shoppe at church for her class and I helped her shop...they had a pack of 8 candles for .25 so I had her get me those just so I could add them to my stash! I think .25 for 8 candles a little larger than votive candles still brand new in the package is a good deal!
PP, that was a good deal. . . useful when the power goes out, too.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My furnace is fixed!!!!!!!!! When the UPS guy came down the driveway with the part I almost kissed him! I definitely saved big $$$ doing it myself.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow Poppy
that is so cool you tackled that and won. you are braver than I!!! :)
cool!