What did you do to save $ today?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Got a coupon for Baking Soda from BJ's, $2.00 off of the regular price of $6.30 something for a 13 1/2 lb bag! now if only I can find more of the coupons to stock up!!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Double score!!

Just heard back from a freecycler that I can have her split of Bearded Iris! Hurray for FREE plants for the yard that are low maintenance, keep the weeds down (and trees from growing through!), AND the deer don't eat!! It doesn't get any better than that for the yard!!

The other half also picked up a conversion kit to change the M4 from shooting 5.56 to shooting .22 caliber from a guy on one of his lists. He is selling the kit plus two mags for $90.00. The kit alone retails for as cheap as $139, plus the mags are $15.00 each. Instead of the whole thing paying for itself in four trips to the range, it is going to pay for itself in about one and a half trips.... AND will save us about $30.00 per 100 rounds that we shoot! I love it!

:weee

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not a huge save because we had to go out and buy more PVC pipe and fittings for our hoop greenhouse, but we used and re-used a bunch of wood that was piling up in the garage from various old projects rather than buy new :)

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Acquired some tools at bargain prices... The option was there because I attended a good yard sale. Bought an oil can (thumb-lever squirt type), in good condition, worth at least $30 - for $5. (You'd have to go to a top-quality equipment supplier to even find a professional-grade one of this quality, nowadays.) Bought a pair of Vise Grip brand pliers worth $10 new for $1. Bought a 10-ton hydraulic bottle jack (in good shape) for $5, worth at least $65 (though one made today, and at that price, would probably be less durable).

Rather satisfying.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Bought 7 lbs. of salt and 26 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix, on sale at Save A Lot. Noodles are on sale at the Dollar Store, and we have to get some cat food. So it is a win win!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I acquired a half a RB of hay to use as bedding in my barn and coop. Free is a good price :D

hqueen13

Reaction score
Just bought 2 $25.00 groupons that are worth $100.00 each for a garden/outdoor store. :weee
AND I shopped through Ebates.com and will get 3% back on that $50.00 purchase, so we are getting $200.00 worth of outdoor stuff for only $48.50 :ya

I haven't ever shopped at this place, but I figure that we'll go and shop for some nice outdoor chairs. If they don't have chairs, they do have plants and things, so I can pick up some herbs and pots and talk to someone about how to actually care for them, LOL.

Yay saving money! :celebrate

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Cool. I just bought coupons off Ebay for things I will use. I used the money from posting coupons on Ebay to purchase them ;) Free toilet paper!!! :lol: