What did you do to save $ today?

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I went to aldies today and they had hamburger buns buy one get one free. When I asked why she said they expire tomarow. So dh asked if they would lower the price if we took them all (.79cent reg price) she said if we took them all we could have them for .59 cent for the first and get one free. So for .59 cents we got 2 packages of hamb buns. We got 42 packs of them for @ $12.00 or so.

I will freeze most of them and have them for use later.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nothing like what other people have been saving, but I saved the building materials by utilizing an unused room for a poultry coop. I saved almost $100 with it, and have more room for birds, to boot!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
posting/buying coupons? Seriously?? Never heard of such a thing!
well you can't "sell" coupons, but you can sell your time to clip them and ask for monetary reimbursement for your time ;) I'm buying other folks time too :D I bid on a persons time for clipping some free product coupons on Ebay, and "won" the two coupons, each for a FREE 12 double roll package of Quilted Northern. Nabbed them for $6.09, that's $3.05 per package...cheaper than the store brands by a long shot. I can't ever get them less than that even using cents off coupons when it's on sale I can't beat that price.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
I went to aldies today and they had hamburger buns buy one get one free. When I asked why she said they expire tomarow. So dh asked if they would lower the price if we took them all (.79cent reg price) she said if we took them all we could have them for .59 cent for the first and get one free. So for .59 cents we got 2 packages of hamb buns. We got 42 packs of them for @ $12.00 or so.

I will freeze most of them and have them for use later.
Don't forget to make breadcrumbs and croutons with those! You can also make a mean chicken and dressing with that stuff. LOTS of good uses :D

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Nothing like what other people have been saving, but I saved the building materials by utilizing an unused room for a poultry coop. I saved almost $100 with it, and have more room for birds, to boot!!!
What?! You can build a chicken coop for $100? Why did mine cost me closer to $1000???! Oh, I remember...DH refused to use "found" material.....:barnie

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Got a reply to my 'wanted' craigslist ad for canning supplies.... a woman responded with more than 15 dozen jars, a lot of rings, plus lids, tongs, funnel, a water bath canner and a food mill. She offered $100.00, I countered with $80.00 (thanks to yall smart people here...), and she came back with $85.00! :celebrate
Now, when to get these things.......

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Picked a gallon of blueberries for $12. Hopefully our blueberries will be producing next year.