What did you do to save $ today?

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Major score! We were at WalMart picking up a few things and I stopped by the bakery. Asked if they had any frosting buckets they'd like to get rid of...we came home with 18 of them...free! They're about 3 gallons, food grade, heavy plastic and all have lids. I'm going to use some for fermenting feed for the chickens and some for storing rabbit feed. Maybe even some for fermenting fruit for wine. Woohoo!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I used cruise control and drove the speed limit! :lol: I perservered through painful hunger and did not buy a snack while I was shopping.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I stayed home and made bread since hubby wouldn't let me go outside to play :( :lol:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I was admiring hand lettering work on pinterest. I picked up a prescription today and tore myself away from the Valentine's Day cards. I'll make mine this year and practice hand lettering. Why not?! I'll enjoy it an probably save $20, maybe more.

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I finally remembered to take my reusable bags with me to the grocery store today. Saved six cents! (And now that I know they give you a credit for bringing your own bags, I'll remember mine from now on.)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
DianeS said:
I finally remembered to take my reusable bags with me to the grocery store today. Saved six cents! (And now that I know they give you a credit for bringing your own bags, I'll remember mine from now on.)
We have a store around here that gives 2 cents for plastic bags, and 5 cents for cloth. So, I've been taking the plastic ones w/me and using them, then putting the rest of the bags in for recycling. And, if I don't have enough to take for recycling, I take the cloth. It's not a whole lot of money, but every little bit helps.