What did you do to save $ today?

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well fooie! We use cloth bags but none of our stores offer anything for using them.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I went shopping and got a whole 6 cents back for the bags. Plus, I actually had a couple of coupons I could use. Don't know when the last time was that that happened!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This could get redundant very quickly, but I'm proud of my baby steps. I am visiting a friend in my hometown this weekend. We usually go out to eat together, but I'm PLANNING AHEAD (gasp) and will bring lunch with. That will save anywhere from $10 - $30.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
tortoise said:
This could get redundant very quickly, but I'm proud of my baby steps. I am visiting a friend in my hometown this weekend. We usually go out to eat together, but I'm PLANNING AHEAD (gasp) and will bring lunch with. That will save anywhere from $10 - $30.
I think that's an excellent idea . . .
First - it's supposed to be a visit between two friends and the actual meal and the actual place should be secondary.
Second - most of the time, nowadays, the restaurant meal is of questionable quality and terribly expensive.
Good for you tortoise.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Boogity said:
tortoise said:
I think that's an excellent idea . . .
First - it's supposed to be a visit between two friends and the actual meal and the actual place should be secondary.
Second - most of the time, nowadays, the restaurant meal is of questionable quality and terribly expensive.
Good for you tortoise.
I and DH went to a "family" dinner last night at a popular restaurant. Just for the three I paid for, with no drinks, it was $45. My DH just had a salad. There were 13 people there, and some were drinking wine, so I imagine the total bill was around $200. I was just thinking about what a wonderful dinner I could have cooked for half that, or even 1/4 that. My DH and I almost never eat out, and I am reminded why, every time we do.