What did you do to save $ today?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is a wonderful thing to live in a little town. We are located in the middle of 3 small towns, about 8 miles to each of them. Getting to know the local business people is nice. The money you spend in your town is more likely to be spent in your town, thus benefitting more local people.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is a wonderful thing to live in a little town. We are located in the middle of 3 small towns, about 8 miles to each of them. Getting to know the local business people is nice. The money you spend in your town is more likely to be spent in your town, thus benefitting more local people.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I wish we lived where we could do that. But, there are almost no stores in the little towns. We have a ton of Wally Worlds in the area, and they may be building another one!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Let the new pigsters graze down the clover in the backyard. It is still weird to me to see pigs grazing, but they do. Saved me a little money in pig feed.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Planting more things in the garden today...saves money down the road. Made homemade bread and a huge chicken(chickens hatched and grown here) pot pie/cobbler for the family and a crockpot of beans. Cooking at home from scratch saves money, so we do it most of the time.

Every day is a day geared towards saving money here. Time, we have...money, not as much. What we do have is God's, so we try to manage it well and have enough left over to give away as He directs.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Heading into town for the farmers market. Will let ya know agmfter it's done.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I feel dirty. It's been a while since I've been to this farmers market.

Talk about inflated prices and a large corporate presence.

But there were a few good folks there and was money to be made. Sold 25 bottles of wine.