What did you do to save $ today?

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Something I've been waiting to do for a long time! Cancelled home/land line and was able to keep internet service.
$30/month for phone x 12 months= $360.00 savings!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Way to go Krjwaj!! I am not sure that I could live without my home phone!! But, I would go without it before I would go without internet!! :lol:

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ummm... Nothing. Actually, I'm almost sure I spent money I didn't have LOL. We thought it'd be a nifty idea to drive to Bancroft today after getting our timmies in Madoc (that was after picking up shavings and a bag of organic layer from the mill). Bancroft is 67 KM north of Madoc, the town that is already 16KM east of the farm.

Oh man. That was a total waste of KM on the truck and gas. But it was so worth it, Bancroft is GORGEOUS.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey Kim

since you are NC like me, how did you cancel landline and keep internet service.

I have ATT (they bought out bellsouth) and have land line with them and DSL....just wondering.....are you thru cable or something?

thanks!

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hey Kim

since you are NC like me, how did you cancel landline and keep internet service.
Who you callin' Kim?? Remember, I am a Karin, too :)

Yes, At&t bought Bellsouth. They also just bought another company (maybe Qwest) and part of the deal was they had to offer what they call 'naked dsl'. That is dsl for internet, without landline.

We have At&t. I called yesterday, cancelled land line over the phone, and will keep our current dsl. Easy. The website explians your options. We do have cell phones, and don't come close to our minute allowance so it should work out fine for us.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry Karin
DUH for me--- you are the Karen with an i in her name....dummy me, I was just typing email to a friend of mine, Kim, in Colorado and used her name for you! that is called overlap old age memory! :gig

thanks for the info! I don't know Quest but I am going to the ATT website now and start checking into "naked" DSL and see what I find. Honestly the bill for regular phones, cell phones, internet and cable tv to me are just insanity.

ya know if we didn't have technology to this level we would all be rich I think..HA HA

you saved very well grasshopper! :)

thanks!

captchris

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
krjwaj said:
Something I've been waiting to do for a long time! Cancelled home/land line and was able to keep internet service.
$30/month for phone x 12 months= $360.00 savings!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
once again i sugest if you want phone service try skype it is not perfect but if you have internet and a mic you can phone for about $2 a month anywhere in north america i think

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
:celebrate

Our electric bill was about $100 less than it was last year at this time. Love that woodburning stove. Can't wait until it has paid for itself.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
dacjohns said:

Our electric bill was about $100 less than it was last year at this time. Love that woodburning stove. Can't wait until it has paid for itself.
YAY!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My MIL gave me a $40 JoAnn's gift card for Christmas. I stopped by J's while I was at my docs visit and picked up 4 coupons for next week. Instead of getting the fabric today, like I had intended, that I need to complete my cloth diapers I am going to go back after the 4th to get it because it is $4.99 a yard and the coupons are 40% so that is going to save over $20 because I want to get like 10 yards of the flannel for making the diaper lining and then the inserts. In the end it will be "FREE" because it will all be covered by the gift card from MIL from my Christmas gift! Afterall I will be back down to my docs at least three times next week so it will not be out of my way to go back to J's!
In the end making my own cloth diapers will save me a lot of $$ verse buying a pack every week!! I already made cloth wipes so that is a huge savings too!