What did you do to save $ today?

solarkate

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Today, I un-plugged my TV, and read. Also, I did that toothbrush-hot water-small cup thing.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I found a Goodwill store in a nicer town in CT. The one in MA that is nearby is in a very bad neighborhood. I figured this one in CT would have some very nice quality clothing, and boy, was I right!

I didn't have too much time, but I got an Eddie Bauer sweater that I love and is in new condition for $2.50 on sale! And for the same price, a Gap long-sleeve t-shirt for working outside this spring. So soft and comfy.

I grabbed a few $1 paperback novels.....cheaper than the overdue fines I always seem to get because I forget to put my books in the car, they are on the nightstand!

The housewares and furniture were pathetic, and many items were overpriced....I've paid less on clearance for brand-new items.....but the sale stuff was fantastic.

I asked about canning jars, she said they get them in but they get sold right away, so I would just have to ask each time.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I used someone else's cell phone instead of my own.

Well, it wasn't really saving money since I pretty much have unlimited minutes but we weren't in an area where I had coverage.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
I used someone else's cell phone instead of my own.

Well, it wasn't really saving money since I pretty much have unlimited minutes but we weren't in an area where I had coverage.
:lol: Mooching counts???? Oh, so many posts I could've made!!! :gig

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I made my own ranch and italian salad dressing today. Mayonnaise tomorrow--it will be the first time I make it--hopefully it will turn out all right.

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
I made out a list of all of the meals that we will be eating for dinner for the next two weeks. I am about as scatterbrained as they come sometimes, so this was a huge fete for me. I am quite proud that I planned meals according to only what we have on hand.

:weee :weee <----that's me being proud of myself :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Okiemommy said:
I made out a list of all of the meals that we will be eating for dinner for the next two weeks. I am about as scatterbrained as they come sometimes, so this was a huge fete for me. I am quite proud that I planned meals according to only what we have on hand.

:weee :weee <----that's me being proud of myself :p
this also saves you money if you plan your meals around what is on sale in the grocery store fliers, too, as well as in your pantry. I always try to do this,and I find the weeks I don;'t get around to planning, are usually more stressful and we don't end up eating as well.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just finished eating left overs for my lunch :) instead of going out.

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Okiemommy wrote:

:weee :weee <----that's me being proud of myself tongue

this also saves you money if you plan your meals around what is on sale in the grocery store fliers, too, as well as in your pantry. I always try to do this,and I find the weeks I don;'t get around to planning, are usually more stressful and we don't end up eating as well.
I will def keep this in mind! Good advice :D

I used to shop the grocery ads, but didn't plan my meals...these two concepts coupled...mauahahahhahahaha lol

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
I made my own ranch and italian salad dressing today. Mayonnaise tomorrow--it will be the first time I make it--hopefully it will turn out all right.
I would be interested in these recipes if you have them.... :D

Let us know how the mayonnaise turns out. :D