What did you do to save $ today?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Emerald said:
Wannabefree said:
Emerald said:
Thanks I think, I didn't know that I did anything..:hu
But I have enuf for two of the $5 amazon cards... so far I have had good luck finding codes and doing all the surveys and such.. Plus for some reason it must like the way I search cuz I get about 3 to 4 a day.
having had the tummy flu for the last few days(I got solid food in me last night and today so feeling almost human again) I had plenty of time to wander thru the site and take advantage of weird swagbuck earnings.
If you want even more Bucks get some referrals. You will earn through them as well. You won't get some of EVERYTHING they earn, but will earn some from their searches :D I knew it had to be you searching that bumped me on up there. :lol: Referrals are a great way to earn extras and they build up fast!! There is no limit to how many people you can refer either ;)

ETA: That is why I leave the referral link in my siggy line ;)
Ok I get it now=but I signed up before I asked you or at least I thought I did... Now off to get a link for my siggy too!
:D Niiice siggy!! ;) You must have used the link in my siggy to sign up. It takes you directly to my referral page and credits me with the referral. When folks click on yours, they'll get to your personal referral page to credit you! Good luck getting referrals!!!! It REALLY makes the Bucks add up QUICK when you have referrals so get as many as you can and you can be earning when you're not even online!! :thumbsup

kimlove2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
well, my best friend and I clipped coupons. Then we went shopping! Over two days we spent $200.00 but saved over $400.00! :ep A lot of the stuff was FREE or was very little cost! And it was all stuff we use!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
That coupon show on tv got me motivated to try and save money using coupons again. DD also has a SIL who is a couponing nut. We have been beneficiaries in the past....
So I don't expect to go get $1000 for $.50. I am pretty happy, when I manage to get $20 or so off my purchase using coupons. I don't buy much stuff anyway. But there are certain things we in modern society need or think we need and I try to get those as inexpensively as possible.

After spending much time looking throudh the ads and clipping coupons, I finally went to CVS today and made my big purchase. They had albacore tuna for 77cents a can. And that is why I focused on them.
When I left the store I looked at my cart and thought I spent 71$ on this little bit of stuff??

I am suffering from sticker shock, big time sticker shock. Since I don't shop very often, I cannot believe how much this stuff costs!!!

In the end I got a few bags of things we need and some stuff we just want for $71. I saved $94 according to the receipt. I cannot imagine paying $165 for what I brought home!!!!

Then I went to our favorite grocery store, becaus I wanted to pick up some grassfed ground beef and a vitamin suplement. The butcher pointed out to me that the packaged ground beef on special for $2.99 was the same stuff as the bground beef I was askin for for $5.99, but the special was ground this morning. So I thanked the guy and grabed the three remaining packages!!

We froze two of them.

And the vitamin fishoil supplement, I looked carefully at the packaging and pricing I got 90 caps and asked for a coupon. They store a $4.00 coupon in the drawer. I was buying a smaller bottle for about $12. But now that we know we like and can tolerate this supplement, I felt good about getting the bigger amount, which added to us paying much less.

Most of the items I bought at CVS today, I won't buy again for at least a year. These were things we don't use much of. But it sure feels good to not only have gotten a discount, but to have paid less than half of the normal price. :weee

Next week I will pic a different store...
Actually there is a store that has sugar on a really good sale....I am going to look for coupns to help with that one too.

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I cut my own hair. It doesn't look like ---"OH MY GOsH " you cut your hair... doesn't look too bad and it will do until I can go to the hair dresser...

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
So far today, I picked a mess of artichokes and filled a strainer with "wild spinach" aka lambs quarters (at least I think that is what it's called)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I got $49.65 worth of stuff for $24.15 using coupons. then I went to another store and did the same thing, almost the same prices. SO I came home with just a smidgen over $100 dollars worth of items we use for under $50. Works for me! :D

I love couponing!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I actually did this a couple days ago, but just now got the chance to write it down and have realized what a savings it was AFTER I did it.

I had noticed one of my chicken breeds was not producing many eggs. I had seven of them and was getting about two a day their color, and one of the chickens was only a year old so I suspected she was laying one of the eggs and the other six were laying one every SIX days.
that just wasn't good enough, I sell eggs.

so I sold them cheap (in an ad on Craigs List explaining they were laying poorly) but for enough to buy a chicken from the store (although we used the cash for gasoline) to someone who is going to free range them, and she bought the roo too, who is going to be the wrong breed. Except I kept the one-year-old.

And I noticed NO reduction in the amount of eggs, in fact, they layed two more eggs in the last few days than before. Almost every hen out there is laying an egg a day now even though more than half are two years old. Culling worked great. And I got a fair price for them, the lady got a good deal (she thinks worming them and different food and free range will help) and I didn't have to do all that plucking which I hate.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today I reached a great milestone in my SS journey.

We processed our first chickens. It was not the cheapest project ever but the quality of bird is definitely better than the grocery store.

:woot

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We just bought 8 more meat chicks, which I put under a broody hen. I alo bought 10lbs of medicated chick fed to start hem out on. We have a problem with worms or I wouldn't bother getting the medicated feed. I spent a total of $23. Considering one free range chicken from the store costs about $10 each. I think we will save ourselves a little bit of money.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I actually did this a couple days ago, but just now got the chance to write it down and have realized what a savings it was AFTER I did it.

I had noticed one of my chicken breeds was not producing many eggs. I had seven of them and was getting about two a day their color, and one of the chickens was only a year old so I suspected she was laying one of the eggs and the other six were laying one every SIX days.
that just wasn't good enough, I sell eggs.

so I sold them cheap (in an ad on Craigs List explaining they were laying poorly) but for enough to buy a chicken from the store (although we used the cash for gasoline) to someone who is going to free range them, and she bought the roo too, who is going to be the wrong breed. Except I kept the one-year-old.

And I noticed NO reduction in the amount of eggs, in fact, they layed two more eggs in the last few days than before. Almost every hen out there is laying an egg a day now even though more than half are two years old. Culling worked great. And I got a fair price for them, the lady got a good deal (she thinks worming them and different food and free range will help) and I didn't have to do all that plucking which I hate.
I started feeding whole corn last year and even my old hens lay eggs now.. it is also possible that one of the ones that you got rid of was eating your eggs... could account for the amount of eggs going up once you got rid of them.
The whole corn lasts in their crops longer and they don't scarf down the crumbles as fast... Watching chickens you would think that they were half lab. puppies... Always hungry!