What did you do to save $ today?

Living the Simple Life

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I didn't save money today...actually spend $155 for the plumber to install new kitchen faucet, water filtration system and replace a leaking shutoff in the basement......but probably saved my marriage by not attempting to do the work ourselves. I guess I could say that I saved the tens of thousands of dollars a divorce would have cost me...;)

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Managing to squeak the final dental work to get my crown in before The Other Half changes jobs and I lose the dental insurance. It'll be <$800 for the crown to fill the gap rather than >$800!! Plus I can get 12 months no interest for part of it, which means I can pay it off at my leisure :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I restrained myself from driving 30 mile round trip to have a broken (acrylic) nail fixed. It can wait a week until I have another reason to make the drive. Maybe. :gig

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I sent someone else in the store today, probably was a smart move :lol: No telling how much I saved :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, I got what looks like an old ladder, but doesn't look like an old ladder while curb side shopping. It has dowels instead of regular runs, and one is broken. But, I had planned on making something similar for my chickens, so this is saving me both time and money. I'll probably cut off the section w/the broken part. It's too long as it is.

desertcat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hubby & I just finished Financial Peace Univ which gave us enough of a kick start to really LOOK at things. End result is that in the last 2 months, we've made changes that have amounted to us getting a 7% raise!!!! None of the things we changed have substantially effected our lifestyle, and we're having a lot more time together :celebrate

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's awesome desertcat! I love FPU!! I'm back on the bandwagon too now, and the finances are lookin good :cool:

Which brings me to my money saver today. i stayed home, and out of the stores. There are a few things we need, but I've learned that if I go in just needing a few things, I end up getting too much, but if I wait till I need several things, i'm more likely to stick to my list.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Never heard of it. Maybe I'll have to look into it.