What do you all think?

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Try some ginger tea and mullein.Mullien is good for the lungs. I have mullein growing in the yard.Most consider it an ugly weed.

Is there a free clinic near you? My friends go to a once a month free clinic that is set up at a local church.

My ds had the flu,and about 2 weeks later he developed pneumonia. It was a Sunday,and he said he couldn't breath well. I had to take him to the ER.6 HOURS later they dxed what I suppsected: fluid in the lung. I caught it early. We have insurance but have to pay 6k before insurance pays anything,so it is like not having insurance.So far I owe 2k,but ds is alive and well. If I have too I will pay $5 a month on those bills to keep them current.

Money comes and goes. I used to worry about the bills but loved ones come first. Dh avoids the doctors. I have pointed out that Bernie Mac(sp) died of pneumonia,and I bet he could afford the best care possible.

Try looking over at http://www.healthy.net

I always find great home care ideas over there.

In the home change the filters to expensive ones,and dust like crazy to minimise the irritants while your lungs heal.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wanna

I don't think it is a doctor debate----but the symptoms and time frame you described to me means an herbal 'fix' probably isn't going to happen.

you had a cold---he got nailed with cats to aggrevate the asthma bad--then he feels super worse while you are getting better. And out of breath. Asthma plus chest cold situation is a disaster situation I would think.

to me those do require a doctor visit.

free clinic....great idea. Look up and find one in your area.

Also ONE Dr. might not take him cause he has an outstanding balance, but there must be more than 1 dr. in your town :p

When I read those symptoms I think Dr. right away. While I know you don't want a dr. recommendation, lol, it is what I would advise...lol

But I hope the good info on the board helps him.

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Where I live, people without money go to the emergency room. It is crazy to just sit there and watch someone you love die. It's not worth any amount of money in my opinon.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
He does take honey. We were doing a ginger/honey tea. I have heard about mullein too, but don't have any.

Thanks sheviance for the offer of the mint :hugs May take ya up on it if I can't find some today :)

I'll look for lobelia tincture too.

Sorry folks, he won't run up a bunch of doctor bills...even with different doctors. Besides, it's not right to do that. :/

There is no "free clinic" around here. There is the health dept. and that is a LAST resort, because those people will kill you for sure :th

We're trying several of these options first.

It has been a rough month in the finance dept., but by next week we may be able to pay some on his Dr. bill and if necessary, maybe he'll wise up and go :p

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks sheviance for the offer of the mint May take ya up on it if I can't find some today
You are more than welcome, just let me know :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Okay folks if he's not better by Wednesday I'll just take him out back and put him out of his suffering :lol:

I got:
found some old antibiotics in the cabinet(not TOO old)
garlic supplement from mom
B multivitamins from mom
Vick's vaporub again from mom(lovely lady she is ;) )
peppermints(will have to work for now)
eucalytus cough drops(again have to work for now)
Tussin DM

Doing:
garlic and B with Vaporub :sick he's gonna smell lovely at church tomorrow :lol:

alternating peppermints and cough drops and taking the Tussin as directed.

Tonight he'll get a bath with some herbs thrown in to help soothe his chest, and then the compression thingy we'll do again tonight.

He's "grounded" :lol: as if...I won't let him go outside :p and I am keeping filled up with ginger tea.

NOW...what am I forgetting? Anything? I'd steam him up, but I'm already getting a few dirty looks, which means he must be feeling a little better :gig

Thanks for all the ideas!!!!!!!! Mullein is very difficult to find here in the sticks :hu

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
seriously, check out baking soda. It really takes away chest congestion. We had mold in an old cottage we stayed in and sll got sick woth chest problems because of it. The baking soda really cleared it up fast. 1/4 tsp in a small glass of water a few times a day

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
seriously, check out baking soda. It really takes away chest congestion. We had mold in an old cottage we stayed in and sll got sick woth chest problems because of it. The baking soda really cleared it up fast. 1/4 tsp in a small glass of water a few times a day
COOL! And i won't have to run to the store for that one :D